Chapter 3: You're Coming with Me

Ursula POV

No. This won't do. I can't sit here and watch this poor young boy go through so much pain. He needs a safe environment. I'll bring him here. To Luna Nova. The headmistress will understand. If he can't use magic, then it doesn't matter. He can stay here until he is ready to leave. I pick up my broom and head towards the Leyline.

Ursula: "I hope he accepts the offer. He needs it."

I flew through the Leyline and exited out of the tower and saw a young girl trying to comfort the desperate boy. As I walked over I over heard their conversation.

Y/N: "What about witch school?"

Oh this young girl must be the new student. I stopped and called out to them.

Ursula: "Here is your solution."

The two jump and turn to face me.

Akko: "Hello. Are you one of the teachers at Luna Nova?"

I nod my head.

Ursula: "That's correct. I'm Professor Ursula. And you are?"

Akko: "I'm Atsuko Kagari! But everyone calls me Akko. I'm gonna be at Luna Nova this year! I-if I can get there."

Ursula: "You are in luck Miss Kagari. I can give you a ride to the opening ceremony."

Akko: "Really?!"

I nod my head as I watch her jump up with delight.

Akko: "Thank you Professor!!"

She runs over and hugs me.

Ursula: "Haha. You're welcome!"

I look over at young Y/N who has a sad smile on his face.

Y/N: "J-just when I thought I made a new friend..."

Akko let go of me and looked at Y/N. She slowly walked over to him and pulled him into a hug.

Akko: "I-I'm sorry Y/N. I-it's always been my dream to become a witch."

He looks at Akko bearing that exact same sad smile.

Y/N: "I-I know. Don't let me get in the way of that. Besides, there are people in the town that can take care of me."

Akko reluctantly let go and looked at me.

Akko: "W-what should we do?"

Ursula: "I know what's bothering you Y/N. You lost your parents didn't you."

He looks at me with wide eyes.

Y/N: "How did you know that?"

Ursula: "M-magic?"

It takes him a moment but eventually he nods his head.

Ursula: "I can't let you wander around on your own. We don't know what you might do."

Akko immediately clings onto him tightly and drags him over to me.

Akko: "He's coming with me."

Y/N: "What?!"

Ursula: "I was about to say that. Y/N, you may stay at Luna Nova until you feel the time is right to move on."

Y/N stood there for a few moments. I could see in his eyes, the contemplation.

Y/N POV

I stood thinking about what she had said. I was weighing up my options and to be honest it was probably the best one. Not only was it probably a safe environment but I also had Akko with me. I don't know why but I felt I could trust her. She was much different to anyone who else that I had met. She refused to leave me or let me leave. No one else ever did that. I needed someone to do that.