Chapter 22: Truth About Chariot

[Y/N POV]

I continued to keep a close eye on what was happening with my old house. Nothing seemed to happen for quite a while after I was taken in for an interview with the police.

Akko: Why are you so worried about it anyway? Shouldn't you just leave it to the rest of your family to sort out?

Y/N: Maybe I should, but I still feel like there are things I could do to help them for when they arrive. When that is, I haven't a clue.

Akko: Well...if you wanna keep doing it, then you have my support!

She said as she grinned at me and laid her head on my shoulder.

Y/N: I know I do...and I'll always be grateful for you...

I wrapped my arms around her waist and dragged her into my lap and kept my arms around her stomach.

Y/N: Anyway...moving away from all that, I've got a question to ask.

Akko: Ask away!

I played with the end of the ribbon that was tied around her waist and rested my chin on her shoulder.

Y/N: We should go on a date. Shouldn't we?

Akko: Yeah! Didn't we have a talk about that already?

Y/N: Yeah we did...however, we got distracted with other things. But now, we have the perfect opportunity to plan it!

When Akko turned her head to me, there was a sparkle in her eyes.

Akko: That sounds great! I'm excited already!

I smiled.

Y/N: Okay...so any date requires dinner. However....I'm not entirely sure I have the money to take you out to somewhere fancy.

Akko: I don't care! It can be a fast food joint and I wouldn't care! You don't have to spend so much money on me! As long as you love me, that's all I care about!

Y/N: Heh...that's nice to know!

And a relief too...however I shouldn't have assumed anything else from Akko.

Y/N: So we could go to some fast food place in town and then maybe have some ice cream? A walk in the park? Movie? Wait no...I'm not sure I'd be able to pay for that either.

Akko: They all sound like great suggestions!

Y/N: Cool! But don't be afraid to chip in with ideas of your own Akko!

She nodded her head and grinned.

Akko: Oh I'll have some ideas! I'll keep them a secret though!

She giggled making me wonder what she had planned.

Before we could get too excited though, we had to agree a day to go. And more importantly, what time of the day would be best.

Y/N: How about Saturday lunch time? That way, we'll be able to have more time to do what we want!

Akko: Mhm! Saturday sounds perfect! That gives me plenty of time to think about what we could do!

Y/N: I'm glad! I look forward to seeing what ideas you come up with!

Akko: Oh I think you'll like my ideas a lot...if the school allows it!

I began to wonder what Akko wanted to do that would required her to ask the school. But best not to assume and just let it be a nice surprise!

Y/N: Okay! I'll leave that up to you!

~

Y/N: You don't perhaps have any advice for a date do you?