New Friendships

Harry woke the next morning after an almost restless night. He was plagued with nightmares of Draco rejecting and hating him even more after he had gotten back to his regular age. After cursing the situation he was thrown in to, he dragged himself out of bed and got himself dressed. Despite being upset and maybe a little angry- not at Draco, but himself. Never at Draco. At least not as a toddler- he was thankful that it was Saturday. It meant he didn't have to do any school work, and that he could spend the whole day with his friends. And Draco, of course. The toddler only leaves his sight when he's asleep. He's not sure he could handle if someone else took care of him. Frankly, that was a problem, but he wasn't going to dwell on that and let it ruin his day. He could ruin a different day with that. Today, he was going to enjoy himself. Harry got dressed and went to go and wake Draco for breakfast, vaguely remembering taking him into his own room sometime during the night. However, when he opened the door, Draco was already awake and dressed, playing with some cars quietly on the ground.

"Hey Dray. I came to get you up but I see you've beaten me to it." Harry chuckled softly.

Draco looked up to the sound of the voice. "Hawwy!" The toddler waddled over to Harry and encased him in a hug with his tiny arms. "Ups?" He asked.

"Anything for you Draco." Harry picked him up. It scared him a little how true that was. He would really do anything for the blond-haired boy in his arms. He just now realized that that wasn't something unique to the toddler version of him either. He would do anything Draco needed or wanted him to do, whether he was a toddler or a teenageer. But again, he wasn't going to dwell on that. He was going to enjoy his day. "You ready to go get breakfast Draco?" He asked.

"Ya! I hungry." Draco replied enthusiastically. He wriggled excitedly in Harry's arms, causing him to laugh.

"Alright Draco sweetie, let's go." He really needed to stop with the nicknames, and he hoped that that one didn't take. He carried him out to the Great Hall, where he stopped dead in his tracks in front of the Gryffindor table. "What's she doing here?" He hissed, staring down Pansy, who was sitting in the seat next to Harry's usual stop, having a surprisingly civil conversation with Hermione. Ron however, wasn't pleased. He looked up at Harry.

"I have no idea mate, she just came over here and sat down, saying something about how she had as much right as we did to see and spend time with Malf- Draco."

Harry sighed. "Well, she's not wrong. She just needs to move over a seat so I can set Draco down." He said pointedly, glaring daggers into Pansy's head.

"I get it Potter, no need to try and kill me with your eyes." She scoffed, scooting over a seat.

Harry sat down next to Pansy, setting Draco next to Ron. He ignored Pansy, tuning all of his attention at the moment into Draco. "What do you want to eat Dragon? You can have as much as you'll think you'll eat."

"Um..." Draco looked at the table for a little while, contemplating all of his options. "I wan three pancakes, two sausage and bacon, and syrup!" He smiled, adding in "pwease?" only a few seconds later.

"Of course Dray." Harry piled the food on Draco's plate, and filled his sippy cup- which was taking place for a goblet at the table- up with apple juice. He pushed the plate to Draco. "Here you go Draco."

"Tank you Hawwy! You da best ever!" He smiled and quickly hugged Harry before eating.

When Harry turned back to the rest of the table, Pansy was staring in shock. "So I guess Granger telling me that you spoil him rotten wasn't an exaggeration then-" She said.

"Mhm." Harry mumbled, filling his own plate up with food. "There's no reason for me not to- he's a sweet kid, completely well behaved." He said, ruffling Draco's hair a little as he spoke, eliciting a giggle from the toddler.

"I guess that's good then... anyways, I didn't come here solely to see Draco."

"Well why else are you here then?" Ron asked.

"I'm here to propose an offer of good faith. Draco was my friend too, and while I know you'd never accept an offer of friendship, at least accept my offer of being kind towards each other? Considering I already talked with Harry and he agreed to let me and Blaise visit Draco sometimes-" Pansy was cut off by Ron.

"What do you mean, you agreed to let them see him?" He asked, looking at Harry with a confused expression.

"Ron, she's right. They are Draco's friends too, and they have just as much right to see him as we do, hell they have more of a right than you guys do to be completely honest." Harry said. "And Pansy, personally, I'd accept your offer of friendship, if you were to offer to me, that is. Since we don't know how long it'll be until Professor Snape figures out the potion Draco needs, it would be less exhausting to just be friends. Besides, don't need him resenting me any more than he already did for not letting him spend time with you guys."

Pansy nodded, extending her hand. "Friends Potter?"

Harry shook her hand. "Friends Parkinson."

Hermione watched the exchange between the two, before extending her own hand out to Pansy. "Friends?" She asked her.

Pansy nodded and shook Hermione's hand as well. "Friends Granger."

Ron just looked at the three. "Sorry, but no offers of friendship are being accepted here." He said, earning him an elbow in the ribs from Harry, and a stern look from Hermione. "Ow! The hell was that for?"

Harry sighed. He pinched the bridge of his nose. "Stop being stubborn Ron, and just accept it. You know fully well that someone can't be friends with me and Hermione and not be friends with you as well, just accept it."

"Fine. Doesn't mean I'm happy with it though." Ron extended his hand to Pansy. "Friends?"

"Friends Weasley."

A/N: I'm sorry for how long it took for me to update this! My updating schedule is going to be changing, but I'm not exactly sure to what. I know these are annoying, so whenever I get it figured out, I'll announce it from my profile. In the future I'll also being announcing when my schedule is going to deviate, and when I will be posting instead. 

Have a good day! (ɔ◔‿◔)ɔ ♥