Moving In

"You're what?" Ron asked, dumbfounded.

"I'm taking care of him until Dumbledore figures out how to fix him."

"Is this some kind of joke? Harry you can't be telling me that you actually agreed to watch him! He hates you!" Ron said, staring at the two.

"I don hate Hawwy! I wike Hawwy, he nice." Draco said, giggling.

Ron just gaped, dumb-struck.

"Did he just giggle?" Hermione asked.

"He's like three, little kids giggle 'Mione."

Draco giggled again. "Hawwy, I not three! I five!" He held out his hand, signifying the number five.

"You're awfully small and skinny for a five year old..." Harry said with a small frown. He then turned back to Hermione and Ron. "Well, I have to get my stuff. Dumbledore said there's a room for me and Draco to stay in, he didn't want us staying in either of our common rooms, which makes sense considering it can get pretty rowdy in here, with Fred and George and all, and for Slytherin, well, all the Slytherins hate me so that wouldn't work out either."

"I can help you pack Harry, I think it'd be best if Ron stayed here to calm down." Hermione said, causing Ron to look offended.

"Thanks Hermione." Harry walked up the stairs into the boys dormitories, Hermione following. Harry set Draco on the bed while he packed. Once Harry had all his stuff packed together, he picked Draco back up off the bed and walked down, Hermione carrying his bags.

"Well I'm off, I need to find our room before it's after hours and Filch loses it on me, and I need to unpack. I'll see you guys at breakfast tomorrow, yeah?"

"Yeah. See you at breakfast mate." Ron said.

"See you then Harry." Hermione replied.

Harry re-adjusted the way he was holding Draco, to make sure that he wouldn't slip out of his grasp on accident. He waved at his friends before grabbing his bags and leaving the common room. "Now where the bloody hell is this room..." he muttered to himself. He started off on his way to Dumbledore's office to ask, but he ran into Snape before he could get there.

"Mr. Potter. What...are you doing out...so close... to after hours?"

"Well, sir, I was on my way to Dumbledore's office to find out the location of me and Draco's room, I just finished packing see, and if you could inform me of that information that would be great, if you can't I'll just be on my way."

Snape glared at Harry for a moment, obviously not at all happy with him taking care of the young Draco. "Down the third corridor, fifth door on the left. Now go on Mr. Potter, just because you are taking care of a child does not mean that you are allowed out after hours, and don't forget your potions essay due tomorrow."

"Thank you Professor." Harry turnt away and walked to his room. He opens the door, closing it behind him. The black haired boy looked around.

The room was more of a small flat than a room, with two bedrooms, a bathroom, which upon exploring Harry discovered included a shower stall and a bathtub, and a designated living space, with a couch, a few chairs, and a white-washed brick fireplace.

Harry walked into the first bedroom, which was obviously Draco's. There was a small race car bed pushed up in the corner, a small dresser that was filled with toddler clothes, and although he would never admit it, he was looking forward to seeing how the toddler looked in each one of them, and a closet full of toys from blacks to a training broomstick- the kind of broom that only flew a couple feet above the ground.

After Harry had explained to Draco that that was his room, he walked into the other bedroom, his own bedroom, with Draco on his hip. Harry was pleasantly surprised by Hedwig sitting on an owl perch that was next to a desk with plenty of parchment and ink. There was a bed in the middle of the farthest wall, with Gryffindor colored sheets and pillows. His closet and dresser were empty.

Harry placed his bags down on his bed, looking over at Draco who had fallen asleep in his arms. He noted how peaceful and cute he looked when he was asleep and decided that maybe, just maybe, this wouldn't be as bad as he originally thought it would be.

He brought Draco to his room. He pulled back the covers of the bed then laid the small, sleeping boy down in it. He pulled the blanket back up, tucking him in. "Goodnight Draco." He said, then without thinking, leant down and kissed the blonde's forehead. "Well that's going on the list of things to never tell Ron or Hermione-" he muttered to himself. He quietly got up and left the room, shutting the door without a sound.

Harry walked back to his room, sitting down at his desk with a sigh. He pulled out a piece of parchment, grabbing a quill and starting to write. He needed to finish his potions essay, but first, he had to write this letter.

"Professor Dumbledore,

Draco has told me his age, and unlike what was originally thought, he is not three, he is five. This worries me, as he is unusually small for a five year old. I will be taking him to Madam  Pomfrey first thing in the morning after breakfast to make sure he is healthy. My first class is transfiguration. If you could inform Professor McGonagall that I will be late to class, that would be lovely. Either way, I will have Madam Pomfrey send me and Draco to class with some form of note.                                                     

                                                                  Regards,

Harry Potter" 

Harry sighed, enclosing the message and sending Hedwig off to give the letter to Dumbledore. He got to work on his potions essay, which took him much longer than expected. It was around two in the morning when he was able to go to bed, and once he hit the soft mattress, he was out like a light.