The Next Day

Harry awoke the next morning to Draco jumping on top of him.

"Hawwy! Hawwy! Wake up, I wanna pway!"

"Wha- hm? Oh hi Draco." He answered groggily, blindly reaching for his glasses.

"Come on Hawwy! Come o-" Draco cut himself off when he saw Harry's arm reaching around for his glasses. He let out a whimper and got off the bed and crawled underneath it.

Harry felt the bed lighten. "Draco? Where'd you go?" He asked, finally grabbing his glasses and slipping them on. There was no answer. "Draco? Draco where are you?" There was a note of panic in Harry's voice as he didn't see the toddler anywhere. He swung his feet off the bed, standing up. "Draco?" He looked around, not thinking to check under the bed. "Oh god Snape is gonna kill me- Draco?! Come here please!". Harry was getting more worried by the second, however the feeling quickly vanished when the blonde boy crawled out from under the bed.

Harry immediately scooped him into his arms. "Please don't do that again, you scared me!" He cried, holding him close. He was getting very attached to the boy.

"I-I sowwy Hawwy... p-pwease don be mad..."

"I'm not mad Dray, I promise."

"You pwomise?"

"I promise."

Draco hugged Harry tightly. "Tank you."

"Let's get you dressed, yeah?"

"Otay."

Harry carried Draco back to his room, setting him down on the bed. He walked over to the dresser, opening the drawers and looking through them. He was surprised to find that most of the clothes were Muggle. He picked out a pair of blue jeans and a simple green t-shirt. He looked over at Draco. "Can you dress yourself or do you need help?"

"I dwess mysewf."

"Okay, can you put these on for me? While you do that I'm gonna go get dressed, and then I'll help you fix your hair, okay?" He handed the clothes to Draco.

"Otay." Draco took the outfit.

Harry left the room, putting on his uniform and robes. He half-heartedly ran a brush through a section of his hair, before deciding to just leave it. He ran his fingers through his hair a couple times, working out any big knots. He walked back to Draco's room, knocking on the door. "Dray? Can I come in?"

"Mhm! I all dressed." Draco sounded proud of himself.

Harry opened the door and grabbed a hair brush from the dresser. He didn't even have to think about it before he sat on Draco's bed, and pulled him into his lap, starting to brush his hair. Once he finished, he gently moved Draco off his lap, and put the brush back on the table.

"You ready Dray?" Harry didn't exactly know where he came up with the nickname Dray, but he was going to keep using it.

"Ya!" Draco ran over to Harry, holding his hand. The two walked down to the Great Hall together, hand in hand. News travelled fast around Hogwarts, and once they stepped into the room, everyone stopped and stared at them for a while, causing Draco to let out a soft little whimper and reach for Harry to pick him up. "Hawwy? Ups?" He made little grabby hands at him.

Harry picked Draco up, causing the students to turn to each other and start whispering. Harry caught the eye of Pansy and Blaise, who were staring him down. He sighed, and walked over to Gryffindor table, sitting down next to Ron, Hermione sitting across from them. He set Draco down in the seat next to him. "So everyone's heard I can assume?" He said with a soft sigh.

"Yeah, it's everywhere. We didn't tell anyone that you were in charge of him, we're not sure who did." Hermione answered.

"I figured everyone would know. Parkinson and Zabini both looked like they were gonna kill me-"