Memories

A/N: So this chapter is going to be a little different from the rest, because it's going to be centered around Draco. You guys finally get to see what's going on in our favorite blond brat's head, so have fun!

********************

Draco stared at Harry as he ran off. "Bloody hell Potter- wait what's this?" He bent down, noticing something on the ground." He picked it up, examining it. "What-" He mumbled, holding it in his hand. It was a small toy car.

He spun the wheel on it, just kind of looking at the car, confused. "Why did Potter have this?" As he continued to look at the car, he started to feel weird. It was almost as if... he had seen it before somehow. It felt as if there were a great deal of emotions attached to the car.

Draco frowned. He turnt on his heel and started making his way towards the room of requirement, knowing he needed to be alone. He was there the night before too. He slipped the car into his pocket as he walked.

I don't know what Potter's playing at. He thought to himself angrily. It's not like he cares for me, he obviously was just trying to protect his hero reputation, cause nothing would kill that more than being mean to a little kid. He huffed, walking faster now. Stupid Potter, stupid stupid Potter with his scar and ridiculously green eyes. Stupid Potter with that endearing smile he saves only for his friends. Stupid Potter, sorted into Gryffindor. Draco was nearly running now. Stupid Potter, stupid bloody Potter for somehow managing to make me fall in love.

He got to the room of requirement, the room almost immediately showing up, needing no further indication from Draco that he wanted to use it than his heavy breathing and the upset look on his face. Some say that magic had little intelligence, and was merely a slave to the caster, but in reality magic may just be one of the most intelligent things within the entirety of both the wizarding and muggle world.

Draco pushed open the door, walking into a simple room, with nothing more than a bed in the corner and a few Slytherin banners on the wall. He savoured the simplicity of the room, especially when he needed a place to come to and cool down, or to simply think. In this case, he was here for both.

He settled himself down on the bed, retrieving the car from his pocket and setting it on the bed in front of him. He stared at it for a while, the sensation of hidden memories resurfacing bubbling up. Suddenly, he remembered everything.

It hit him like a truck, but he remembered. He remembered getting covered in potion, potion that turnt him into a toddler. He remembered Snape yelling at him, scaring the living daylights out of him. He remembered how Harry had come up to him, calming him down with soothing and gentle words. He remembered being clingy, he remembered spending every hour of everyday with Harry. Memories flooded his head of eating breakfast, playing games, and cuddling as he slept. Memories of attending classes with Harry. He remembered sharing "I love you's" with Harry, however platonic they were.

It tugged at Draco's heart a little, to remember. But then he remembered one more thing, one thing that made him realize just how greatly he had messed up, in the way he treated Harry after getting re-aged.

He remembered sitting in a chair in the headmasters office, feeling confused. He remembered Harry coming up to him with teary eyes. He remembered looking into Harry's eyes as he spoke to him, the older boy's voice cracking, tears slipping down his face. But most importantly, he remembered what he said to him. The one thing he wasn't supposed to forget. The one thing, that if he had remembered, it wouldn't have mattered that he had no memory of the last month, because he would've had all the proof in the world that anything that was Harry did for him wasn't out of upholding a reputation, he would've known that it was all out of care. Out of love. He remembered. He remembered being told of Harry's love for him, how he would always love him.

Draco sat there, tears starting to form in his eyes. "Oh god... what did I do? I broke him." He whispered to himself. "He loved me, and I probably ruined that." He let out a forced chuckle. "I guess father was right. I ruin nearly everything I touch." Tears started to slowly slide down his face.

Suddenly, a desk appeared in the room. A desk with quills, and parchment. It was as if the room was trying to tell Draco something, and made that point clearer by adding an owl. Draco looked over, seeing the additions. "Well..." He mumbled. "I might as well apologize, I at least owe him that." He got up off the bed, walking over to the desk. He sat there for a while, wondering how to start the letter, the letter that could change his life for the better, but probably not make it any worse, since he felt as if he had long since hit rock bottom, and drilled below. Eventually, he decided. Simple and easy, but worded in a way that might shock Harry.

Dear Harry, He wrote. It was going to be a long night, but he was going to finish the letter. It took him hours, and he was exhausted, having started over multiple times, but he finished it. He sent the letter off with the owl, and walked back over to the bed.

He pulled himself under the covers. Despite how tired he was, he couldn't sleep. His eyelids were heavy, but his mind supplied enough anxieties to keep him awake for hours into the night. Eventually, he managed to fall asleep, but it was a fitful sleep.

*************************

A/N: Only three chapters left guys! Lemme know what you guys think so far!