f i v e

january 6, 2020

first day after break. sunoo thinks he's handling it much better than he thought. he's surprised he's not tripping over himself, trying to look in every direction for signs of anyone jumping on him.

relax. heeseung-ssi won't tell, he assures himself as he enters the school hallway.

so far, the only things he knows about their supposed plan is that they'll do one in the bucket list every thursday. heeseung didn't tell sunoo how many were in there.

his only response to sunoo's question when their arrangement will end is "i'll let you know."

sunoo doesn't like the suspense. he doesn't like how he's in the dark about it but he promised he'll endure. for his conscience and the morals he seem to have lost since the new year's eve party.

he also isn't still comfortable at the fact that he will be spending time, like a lot of time, with someone he's barely spoken to ever. the fact that it is the school's golden boy makes the idea of it both thrilling and worrying.

isn't it weird that him spending time with heeseung to pay for the trouble he caused would increase chances of him getting in trouble again?

if people see him and heeseung together...

"sunoo-hyung!" hearing his name being called, sunoo looks back towards the source of the voice. jungwon runs towards him with his signature bunny smile, dimples showing and all.

sunoo laughs in joy, tackling the younger boy in a hug. "jungwon-ah!"

"we're acting like we didn't just see each other 5 days ago," mumbles jungwon in his arms, giggling like a child.

"whatever. that is a lot of time," counters sunoo, releasing jungwon from the hug.

jungwon shakes his head fondly, falling into step with sunoo as they walk towards their lockers. "you know. i never got to ask you about lee heeseung coming over on the 1st. he left already when i came back from phoning ni-ki. all we talked about then was you getting drunk and almost kissing sunghoon if you didn't trip and fall on your face, passing out."

sunoo almost halts in thought but not before he punched jungwon's shoulder.

one of heeseung's conditions in their deal is that no one should know about it happening. even his bestfriend. just like what they do in the movies.

"nothing special. we actually didn't talk much. he kept eating the hotteok," sunoo fakes, scrunching his nose in displeasure. "mom even packed a lot for him to take home. you should have seen how he stared at it like you do with ni-ki." he can't resist adding some of the truth, chuckling.

jungwon hums in response. "and what exactly do you mean with the way i look at ni-ki?" he may look indifferent but sunoo bets he's screaming inside.

"are you two together now?" teases sunoo, wiggling his eyebrows at the younger.

jungwon hisses in defense, reminding sunoo of a bunny. "yeah. i got a boyfriend now, sunoo-hyung." there was a proud and slightly mocking tone to his voice that sunoo can't help but pout at.

"hey, stop bragging!"

"why don't you just make a move on him already? he's single now."

sunoo wonders how jungwon can sometimes be so bold and insensitive. but then, he himself was a little joyous upon knowing the break-up. that's right. the guy is recently broken up!

it also just seems so weird for him to now have a chance. yes, that opportunity came from something bad, the break up, but sunoo wants to focus on the positive end of things.