f i f t e e n

march 12, 2020

sunoo's finger hovers over the buzzer attached to the ivory painted door as he debates whether to press it or not. he glares at the peephole as if it were the cause of his problems.

he reconsiders jungwon's offer to accompany him but stops. he knows jungwon would just make things more difficult despite his good intentions.

ever since the younger boy found out about heeseung and the thing with sunghoon, jungwon has been acting like a mama bear to him. jungwon does not trust heeseung at all and sometimes, he does not even bother being civil towards the older.

he always tells sunoo to be careful around him like heeseung is a wild animal or a deranged person. his usual advises are along the words of 'who knows what goes on in his head?' or 'i don't trust him. he has a funny look on his face when he looks at you.'

it is amusing and worrying at the same time.

he moves back to the door. why am i even hesitant? he asks himself.

it is just a door.

or maybe the house the piece of wood belongs to is what makes it so hard for him.

or maybe it is the person living behind said door. one with big eyes, cute nose, good heart, and- sunoo brushes the image away.

whatever it is, he still has to make his presence known. sunoo presses his lips to a firm line before tentatively pushing his index finger to the buzzer.

he waits for a few seconds, stepping away from the door and to an acceptable distance. sunoo quickly takes another look at his appearance and brushes the non-existent dirt off of himself to calm his nerves.

the door swings open and sunoo is met with a familiar pair of doe eyes except they are worn by a man who looks to be in his late 30's. sunoo recognizes him as heeseung's father from the bakeshop.

"may i help you?" heeseung's dad asks and his voice critically reminds sunoo of heeseung's soft-spoken way of speaking. they are like carbon copies of each other it creeps sunoo out.

he answers after a brief second, putting on a polite smile and bowing. "i'm kim sunoo, sir. i am heeseung-ssi's friend."

sunoo is visibly astonished when heeseung's dad looks back at him with newfound comprehension. "ah! sunoo, my seung's sunoo. come in."

he opens the door wider and steps to the side, giving sunoo access just like that. sunoo looks at the door then back at him, quite uncertain.

heeseung's dad laughs. "come on in. it's not everyday i get to meet the boy my seung always talks about when we have our meals."

blushing would be an understatement. sunoo is sure his body is running on extreme heat right now and he sure knows it is not the summer season's fault.

heeseung's dad leaves him at the living room for a while to call heeseung. sunoo uses that as an opportunity to cool himself because he is seriously feeling hot and flustered from what the adult said.

'it's not everyday i get to meet the boy my seung always talks about when we have our meals.'?

what is that supposed to mean?

he does not know if that is supposed to be a good thing or not. does heeseung talk about him in a good light or is sunoo a source of family entertainment in the table?

he blatantly shakes away that last thought. sunoo has known heeseung enough to say that the older boy is too kind and sweet to ever do that.

still, sunoo cannot help but wonder why heeseung talks about him of all people in front of his family. he's just sunoo after all.