e i g h t

january 16, 2020

sunoo resists the urge to gasp when heeseung drags him towards the restroom which is near to where their table is.

the background noise comes to silence when they enter the restroom. because of this, his heart beating to his ears just got louder.

once they enter one of the three cubicles, sunoo is able to breathe properly. he realizes he was holding his breath the whole time they were trying to hide.

"jungwon..." he heaves a sigh. "of all places, why would you even go-" in the process of shaking his head, sunoo almost bumps against heeseung who is too close for comfort in this small, compressed space.

he makes sure to create a fairly acceptable distance, pressing himself against the wall on his side.

sunoo has never, ever, stood this close to someone with the exception of his family and bestfriend. he feels like every nerve in his body is alive and that even the slightest movement from either him or heeseung while they're this close would set him off.

he resists sighing in relief when heeseung moves away and does the same thing as him.

"do you think they'll stay long?" heeseung whispers, his voice filling the luckily empty restroom.

"i don't know. probably. they're most likely on a date," sunoo explains, fiddling with the strap of his pouch.

"wait, we forgot our bags!" he suddenly exclaims, moving to open the door but heeseung stops him with a gentle but firm grip on his arm. sunoo notices they're still holding hands before that.

"it's fine. i'm sure nothing would happen to those," he assures in a calm voice.

"yes, but what if jungwon sees them? he knows what my bag looks like!"

"you're not the only one who has that bag, though." heeseung still looks perfectly composed as opposed to sunoo. his heart keeps pounding so hard like a drum. this only happens when he's put in extremely pressuring situations, like now.

sunoo isn't assured by his words but he drops his hand from the door handle. in the process, heeseung's hand on his arm falls. "i guess you're right."

heeseung groans in frustration, leaning his head back the wall. "i can't believe we're here inside the restroom when we could have been eating already~"

"of all places, really..." sunoo trails off, cursing whatever caused those two lovebirds to pick this restaurant.

as he slumps beside the wall separating the cubicles with his head pressed against it, an air of silence falls. it is heavier than usual since the restroom is empty. sunoo thinks even a small sound would resonate inside and he tries not to make one.

heeseung is probably aiming for the opposite. sunoo jumps when out of nowhere, he starts chuckling to himself. it is so sudden that sunoo finds himself giving heeseung an irked look.

"what's so funny? are you crazy?" he questions, eyebrows raised.

heeseung shakes his head in amusement as he presses his back against the tiled wall of the cubicle. "nothing. i just remembered how red in the face you were yesterday."