s i x t e e n

march 14, 2020

jungwon is not taking the news well. sunoo regrets telling him about the kiss when he knows his bestfriend is not completely a fan of heeseung.

approximately 5 minutes since he told jungwon, sunoo is left with nothing but silence from the other side of the conversation.

sunoo hates it when jungwon is silent. the guy could be plotting murder everytime he lingers in his own head. heeseung, of all people, does not deserve to be thought of like that.

however, contrary to sunoo's expectations of him cursing heeseung to oblivion, jungwon speaks in a calm and collected voice.

"are you like, angry he kissed you?"

sunoo did not see that coming.

he was expecting jungwon to convince him to stay away so he would not have to face the mess he is feeling yet his bestfriend probably knew better.

he opens his mouth to say something but he finds himself unable to grasp the words he's going to give. he cannot actually say one thing about the kiss because to be honest, that single kiss spurred various emotions in him. emotions he does not know how to face and handle without coming out negative.

"you know, i-"

- was surprised.

- was, am scared.

- am confused.

- am overwhelmed.

"i don't really know." his voice is barely above a whisper. uncertain and hesitant. small and scared.

"hyung, i'm not going to immediately ridicule him or whatever because it's obvious you care about him so i want to know if he somehow upset you or anything."

jungwon's words hang in the air and sunoo is envious of how he is being calm and smart about this.

one can't really feel anything strongly if they haven't been the one experiencing the thing they are giving advice about.

sunoo wishes he can give himself advice too at that moment aside from running away. he did not know what to do when heeseung basically confirmed he has feelings for him far beyond the platonic sense. and what of his feelings, sunoo does not really know. he is afraid to know and act on them. history cannot, should not repeat itself.

these feelings, way too familiar yet new in a way, scared him but sunoo is not really sure if he is upset about the kiss or if he is upset at the whole ordeal at all.

but he does not tell jungwon that.

-

march 19, 2020

'sunoo, i'm really sorry. that was stupid of me.'
Seen
3:45 pm

'i was an idiot.'
Seen
3:45 pm

'i never meant to hurt you.'
Seen
4:00 pm

heeseung keeps calling and sending messages through euijoo's phone. he's been on it since they last saw each other.

sunoo can only turn his phone in silent mode, too cowardly and too attached to block him.

-

march 26, 2020

'if you ever change your mind, i'm at the park later. have a great first day ☺'
Seen
7:30 am

school has started again. sunoo is now in his third and final year in high school.

the hallways are not as loud as it was with the absence of choi seon or any first year boys and girls loitering about and lingering around a certain doe eyed boy. sunoo does not see heeseung being fawned over there nor in the gym nor at any part of the school.