s i x

january 9, 2020

"kim sunoo-ssi, you're late" is the first thing heeseung says to him the moment he got there. not a 'hello' or even an 'are you okay?'.

sunoo pants, putting his hands on his knees. "by three minutes!"

he 'unintentionally' lost track of time. wait, that's a lie. sunoo didn't really want to go so he tried to occupy himself with extra reading at the library. the only reason he's here is because his conscience itched him to so even if it is late, he still went.

there are no buses in that hour so sunoo had to run all the way from school to the park. that run is probably the most exercise he ever did since he was born.

heeseung clicks his tongue in displeasure. "still late. you shouldn't take time lightly, sunoo-ssi."

sunoo shakes his head in annoyance. if only heeseung knew he forced himself to go here. "i apologize, okay? so... what are we doing today in your bucket list?"

heeseung's cheeks turn red a bit at the teasing tone in his voice. "don't patronize me, sunoo-ssi."

the younger raises his hands in surrender, keeping a poker face on. inside though, he's snickering.

lee heeseung having a bucket list? funny.

heeseung narrows his eyes at him for a bit until he looks down at the ground. "you and i are going to take a stroll in the park."

"that's it? no cliff diving or whatever?"

"well, not yet." he could see how heeseung's lips tug to a smirk. sunoo finds himself rolling his eyes at him.

he waits for the older to stop fooling around and tell the truth but heeseung says nothing.

sunoo doesn't believe it. "you can't be serious. taking a walk in the park isn't bucket list material!"

"are you a bucket list expert?" heeseung shoots back, raising a challenging eyebrow as he lifts his head. sighing, heeseung fixes his beanie in a way that his dark hair isn't visible as he puffs out a cold breath.

"not everyone has the time to stroll around the park. like me," he says in a matter-of-fact tone.

sarcasm has always been a famous weapon. sunoo tends to use it and lee heeseung is no exception to the sharpness of his tongue. "why? because you're busy being the perfect guy everyone seems to like you for?"

a merry laugh escapes heeseung, throwing his head back. "yeah. you could say that, sunoo-ssi. now..." he fixes sunoo with a playful glare.

sunoo forgot they're almost strangers by the way he acts so naturally with him.

"since you're late, you're the one paying for ice cream."

okay. let's get this over with.

"fine. let's go, heeseung-ssi."

erase what he said earlier. this walk is probably the most awkward one in sunoo's life. heck, talking with sunghoon is better than this.

every time he gains energy and confidence to strike up a conversation, heeseung always ends it with short one-word lines. the guy is so engrossed in their surroundings sunoo guesses he forgot he's even there. what even his purpose for all this?

he questions what could even get heeseung's attention in this park. it's all just trees and they seem to be the only people here. it would have been nicer if they went to an amusement park instead. then, he'd be able to enjoy too.

"sunoo-ssi?"

sunoo whips his head towards heeseung, humming in response.

the older purses his lips. "where is the nearest ice cream parlor here?" he muses.