Chapter Sixteen

Avoided

ə-ˈvȯid

to get or keep away from through cleverness or trickery.

"Why does it feel like she's avoiding me?"

As days pass by normally Soojin has been busy while Shuhua was busier than her going back and forth to film for the documentary then go back to continue the script reading.

She would be lying if she'll say that she's okay and not exhausted. This plan of hers is actually working. She doesn't see Soojin anymore but of course there are times that they would bump into each considering that they are not that apart from each other. Same company and same floor so it was understandable.

They currently are having a meeting for tomorrow's press conference. "Tomorrow will be the press conference and it will be surprise to them since we haven't dropped any information about the main actress that will be playing Yuri's role. The main actor will attend tomorrow since he has photoshoots today that's why he isn't here but I believe you know him Ms. Yeh." the director look at Shuhua.

"Ah yeah we've been into some dramas already but this will be the first time that we'll be paired together." Shuhua chuckled. The main actor was actually her friend and when they were actually doing the script reading she cringed imagining that they'll be doing some scenes that were too cheesy.

"That's great we won't have to problem the chemistry of you two." Shuhua just smiled at the director but she's internally laughing. She hasn't seen her friend ever since the last drama last year.

As soon as the meeting ended Shuhua called her manager for an update on what's going on the company. "I'll be there now." Shuhua ended the call.

S

huhua walked out of the meeting room when someone grab her wrist preventing her from going. She look at the person who was preventing her to go. Hyewon let go of Shuhua's hand. "Do you want to grab some food first?" Hyewon asks.

"I'll just eat at the cafeteria later. I really need to go. I'll see you tomorrow." Shuhua left Hyewon standing there.

Soojin was staring at her reflection from the huge mirror in front of her. She's inside the dance practice again even though it should be her rest now. Since her comeback is getting near he needs to stay healthy and well in order to give her fans a good performance.

She slowly sat down on the cold floor thinking. She noticed that this past few days Shuhua was distancing herself to her but why? She didn't noticed that Hui was already inside with foods on his hands. "I know that you'll be tired after practicing so here. Let's eat." Hui sat down in front of Soojin.

The soloist was startled hearing Hui's voice. She also realized that she's being unfair to Hui. "Do you want to have an afternoon date later?" Soojin asks Hui sweetly which surprised him. "Of course."

Shuhua just arrived at the company. She was inside the elevator when her phone rang. "Oppa I'm almost there geez relax." Shuhua laugh at how her manager was making her to get at her studio faster. When she reached her floor she step out of the elevator with her hands inside her coat.

She walked through the hallway but when she saw Hui getting out of Soojin's practice room she immediately look avoiding an eye contact. She continued to walk her way. Her studio was two rooms after Soojin's practice room meaning she's going to pass by.

And again her phone rang for the third time and for third time her manager was once again calling her. "Oppa I said I'm almost there. I'm 40 meters away from the studio."

Shuhua passed by the dance practice room without even glancing because she doesn't need to it wasn't necessary. With her phone still near her ear. "Oppa I'm right outside now." she ended the call as she opens the door with a wide smile.

"What are you doing here unnie?" Shuhua questions Miyeon who was calmly sitting at her mini couch. There wasn't any sign of Kim Minnie around. 'Did they had a fight?' The younger asks herself. He saw her manager looking at her.

"I can't deal with her. I'll be leaving talk to her. She arrived here an hour ago." The actress nods her head as she take her coat off.

S H U H U A -

"Are you okay?" I ask as I took a sit beside her. She didn't answer my question instead she pouted at me. 'What the hell?' I shrugged my thoughts off.

"Why are you here?" I ask her once kore hoping that I'll get a response from her but there was none. I sighed when I saw her eyes watering. Her tears read to fall. "You two had a fight?" and with that she nodded her head to me.

I mentally face palm. "Where's Minnie unnie right now?" I ask her. "At home." she said with her usual upset tone.

I was about to call Minnie unnie to tell her to fix whatever the problem they have when the door flew open startling the both of us. We heard my door slammed against the wall. The loud slamming echoed through out the hallway. 'What the fuck?'

I stood up as I give them some space. "Mi I'm sorry. I promise I won't do that. Stop sulking now." I shook my head. Their sulky asses. I can't handle these two oldies sulkiness.

I let the door open as I lean on the door frame waiting for their drama to finish. I closed my eyes when Minnie kissed Miyeon unnie. "Please do it at home not here." I whispered to them as I felt my cheeks heating up. "Oh don't close your eyes you're not innocent anymore." I widen my eyes.

"Yah I still am who said I'm not." I scoff. "I mean you already had some kissing scenes before." I rolled my eyes. "Can the two of you go out and leave like right now?" I raised an eyebrow to the two.

Soojin saw Shuhua passing by earlier she was about to approach the younger but when she noticed that the younger was talking to someone on her phone ahe decided not to continue whatever she's planning to.

Hui and her were startled when they heard the door of Shuhua slammed open. She see Shuhua's back from here who was standing by the door frame.

"I'll get going now Soo." Hui kissed Soojin's forehead before leaving.

She was about to go inside her practice room when a cheerful voice called out to her. "Soojin~ah." The soloist turned to look at Miyeon who was smiling at her. "We're going out for lunch. Do you want to come?" The eldest asks.

She noticed Shuhua behind her with Minnie. The two were talking happily. "I would love to but I already had my lunch just now." Soojin smiled back. "Than have a nice day."

For todays Soojin haven't herd anything from Shuhua. It was like before even if they are in the same company and same floor they haven't bumped into each other for two days straight. Soojin thought that Shuhua would walk past her but the younger turned to her and smiled. "Have a nice day unnie." Shuhua said to Soojin with a smiling face which was genuine.

"You too." The younger nod at her as they leave Soojin. She entered her practice room. "She smiled and talk to me but why does it feel like she's avoiding me.?" Soojin talked to herself.

===
Online class just started and my freaking back hurts. I hope y'all are safe and healthy. I promise to update regularly with the power of multitasking.