Chapter Twenty-seven

Dinner

din·​ner

  ˈdi-nər

the principal meal of the day.

"I will Dad."

S H U H U A -

I'm sitting on my bed, my thoughts were scattered everywhere. Minnie unnie helped me pick my clothes. It was a light colored beige long coat with a white dress shirt inside. Keeping things simple with my black pants and top sider.

I stared at the clock inside my room.

5...

6...

7...

8...

9...

10...

I got up to dress up. It's already 6:30 pm. I buttoned up my dress shirt leaving the two top buttons open. I grab my coat wearing it. I look at myself on the vanity mirror.

'I'm so beautiful.' I laugh at my own thought. I grab my car keys that was placed on my bedside table together with my phone and wallet.

Playing with my car keys I entered my car happily. I fixed myself before starting the car. I've never been this excited. Whenever mom or dad would tell me to join them for dinner it was always simple.

Focused on the road I can't help but to smile widely. 'I'm going crazy.' I thought as I shrugged my thoughts off. If my dad sees me like this he would definitely tease me and I'm preparing myself for their teasing later when I remembered something.

I stopped in front of Soojin's apartment as I get out of the car. I took a deep breath before knocking on the door. I heard a loud thud from the inside. I furrowed my eyebrows, worried of what might be happening inside.

The door was soon opened but it wasn't Soojin who opened the door. I smiled as I was curious why Soyeon unnie is here and not just her I can see Yuqi sitting on the couch comfortably.

"Soojin, Shuhua's here." Soyeon unnie opened the door a little bit more wide as I stepped inside. Yuqi glanced at me with a smile. "Shuhua." she run towards me engulfing me in a hug. I pat her back lightly. I glanced at Yuqi then to Soyeon unnie.

"You two came here together?" I ask as I was curious to why the two of them were inside Soojin's apartment. Soon I heard some footsteps near me. I turned around and saw Soojin wearing a red. I chuckled as I scan her. "Did I forgot to say that this was just a family dinner? You look so fancy." I commented as I kiss her cheek.

She rolled her eyes. "I want to be presentable to your parents." I smiled hearing it. "I think it's time for us to exit." Yuqi spoke as we look at them. "Thank you for the help Soyeon and Yuqi." I furrowed my eyebrows. "Help?" I ask clueless.

"We just helped her find the perfect dress for tonight for about one and a half hour." Yuqi stated and I can't help but laugh at it.