Epilogue

Once upon a time, there was a prince. From the moment he was born, his parents knew him to be cursed. A great storm besieged the castle at the hour of his birth and when he cried his sound into the night, all the fires in the hearth went out.

But the prince was saved.

By another who stole his heart and tore down the walls he had built around it one by one. By someone who showed him what it felt like to be loved, despite all his flaws and misgivings, to love and be loved in return.

And in doing so, the curse upon him and his kingdom was undone. The Wastelands melted away with the death of its vampiric ruler, leaving only green and life behind with a young Raphael at its helm.

The storm clouds over the hidden kingdom fled, taking their bleakness with them and the roses bloomed, their fragrance filling the gardens. The rusted gates swung open and any roads taken by a weary traveller would come upon the castle, where two princes lived, happily ever after.

A/N: This thing was posted 3 years ago now and I don't know who is still following this but we have arrived at the end! Finally! I didn't think I would ever get here but here we are! I hope those who kept up with this over the years enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it! Thank you to everyone who stuck around, I really appreciate the support :)