1982 : Behind the Scenes (part 1)

(About early 1982)

~Your P.O.V~
Today I'm left behind in the house again... I mean I know that Ryuichi-sensei was going to the studio for recording but he told me to stay put. Akiko-san tried to convince him to take me along and he insisted for me to not come with. "Why does sensei really didn't want me to come?" I asked Akiko-san. "I know it's for the upcoming movie but why?". "Maybe there's a special requirement for him to do for his character." Akiko-san shares her thought. "Do you might know what it be?" she said she had no clue.

"How is your progress on the song?". "I think I almost got it but I kept making mistakes here and there..." I couldn't properly place my confidence. Akiko-san then pulled me to sensei's office and told me to play. "Are you sure, Akiko-san?" I nervously asked. "Are you sure with yourself?" she countered my question. I took a deep breath and started playing. I played it in my own version and as I said before, there were errors.

I finished playing and I was a bit nervous of her opinion. "You surely have improved and you were right. There were small mistakes but I'm proud that you can do it." She smiled. I stood up and hugged her, "Thank you so much!" it didn't took long for me to realize. I break away and I can feel my face getting red. Akiko-san giggled, "You're welcome." Her smile didn't fade. "I didn't expect that from you.". "Y-yeah.. neither did I." I let out an awkward chuckle but it didn't feel that awkward.

"I'm home!" we heard the front door open and we exited the office. "おかえり!" (Okaeri : welcome back) Akiko-san greeted and I bowed as usual. "How was your day?" Akiko-san asked. "Today's lesson was hard but I managed to catch up." Sensei answered. "Lesson"? what is he talking about? It's getting suspicious for the last three days... "(y/n)-chan." Sensei called. "はい?" (hai : yes). "Pack your things. We're going on a trip." He announced.

"Where are we going?" I asked. "To the movie set of course!" his eyes curved to a smile. I was beyond excited and dashed to my room to start packing.

(At the set)

We arrived few days ago in a cluster island. The crew was given permission to use one of the islands for the shoot and it looks primitive and lush. We stayed in the main island for the nights but most of the shoot will be in this remote one. I asked Ryuichi-sensei about the island and he told me we're in Polynesia. "Where does the actual place though?" I asked again. "According to the book and the script, it should be in Java, Indonesia." Sensei explained. I wondered why we didn't go to the actual place. Maybe there are less forest there in this era?

We went to a field and there were the crews and casts. Among them, I saw a familiar famous man. "Is that David Bowie?" I couldn't believe my eyes. 'He was dead for four years back home!' I realized I used past tense on my thought. Everyone then was called for the first meeting in one of the building that will be use as one of the setting. There were no chairs so we had to sit on the floor. The Japanese crew didn't mind it but not so much for the European crew.

I sat on the corner of the room. It wasn't too far but at least I can hear what they're discussing. The main characters will be played by sensei, Mr. Bowie and the other three while the rest will be as support or extras. The main five and the support were given scripts each while the extras will be directed verbally. The meeting ended and the cast went to practice their lines.

"Sensei!" I called and walked to him. "There you are, (y/n)-chan. I was wondering where you were..." his face was relieved when I found him. "You could say that I was the same." I half chuckled. "Don't go too far, okay?" I nodded and he pat my head. I asked how many parts he got and he showed me the script. His lines were highlighted so it will be easy to find. Sensei flipped through the pages and apparently he will appear in most parts of the movie. "There are English lines too." I pointed out. " I didn't know you can speak English."