CHAPTER 1

Hello dear readers! Thank you for checking out my newest book! It's work in progress, but I have written most of the story and will publish a chapter a day or every two days depending on how life goes for me. Please leave a comment and a vote if you enjoyed the chapter! Thank you! :)

"This is a bad idea." 

The creaky wooden floor moaned in muted protest under the flat soles of her black army boots. For forty minutes she had been pacing back and forth, phone in clutched one hand and piece of crumbled paper in other. 

"Please, Mari." Her sister whined from other end of the line. "I promise, everything will be alright. We'll be doing this the human way." 

"The human way." Mariana snorted. "How well do you picture this going exactly? I could just present my head on a silver platter as a wedding gift. Enforcers will have me on a spike before I cross into territory." 

A brief moment of silence followed. "We will hold the ceremony outside pack lands." Sophia insisted. "I can't be wed without my sister there to witness it! Please." She begged. Mariana could particularly feel her sister making the puppy-dog eyes through the phone. Thank God this wasn't a video call or else she might cave in right then and there. "Besides, Matt is human. His friends are human and his parents as well. No one will ambush you. I promise."

Sophia had met her mate Matt a couple months ago. They had been planning their wedding since day one. The two sisters hadn't met since Mariana stuck up a middle finger in Alpha Tylor's face two years ago, but still made the effort to keep in touch. Leaving her behind was the hardest part of going rogue. It was insane to return now, even for her sister's wedding. That day meant everything for her and yet....

"Sophia..." Mariana slumped down on the worn mattress of her bed, sighing. "You know I can't come. They will arrest me even if I sneeze in their direction." She was a betrayer after all. The  wolf who defied the Alpha and turned her back on the pack. 

Another moment of leaden silence followed. She heard her sister sniffle. Shit. Her heart shuttered in millions of pieces. "I know." Sophia mumbled bitterly. "It's a huge risk, and I couldn't possibly ask this, but...you know the address in case you change your mind." 

Her eyes fell down to piece of ruffled-up paper she had been tinkering with. Sophia had sly tricks of getting her way. Such as making Mariana jot down the address before revealing what it was for. 

Bride to be - 1.

Punky rogue - 0.

"Anyway, I hope you will show...Matt and I would love that." 

It's one thing I can't promise you, sis. 

"Oh and I will have those chocolate muffins you like." Sophia added. Ugh. She could hear her grin without seeing it. That woman knew how to set up a perfect trap. 

"I'll think about it..." Mariana felt her strict resolve buckle. (I mean, duh, those chocolate muffins.) She couldn't resist them even when her life depended on it. 

Sophia giggled like a child. "See ya then! Don't forget, 25th June!" 

"I said I will think abou-" The line went dead before Mariana had a chance to protest. Damn those stubborn Beta genes.

Flustered, she slumped against her bed, bouncing off of the mattress. It was a wicked bad - send me straight to satan's lap sort of bad idea. Her father would make it a personal mission to banish her or worse. He had made it clear that the second she turned her back to her pack, she no longer was his daughter. 

Mariana was a criminal. A rogue.

She smelled and looked rogue. Her once ebony brown eyes had long since taken shade of piercing amber - to mark her an outcast if it wasn't obvious already. Rogues had this thing about their eye color and she was no exception. Once wolf has left its pack, their wolves go wild. Their eye color changes to one their wolf has - in her case it's something between fine whiskey and sunset.