CHAPTER 14

The sheer horror on Gwen's face reflected on her own. Her expression screamed We're screwed

"Oh, Hi? What are you doing...here?" Mariana grinned stupidly. The high-as-fuck giggle in the end probably didn't make things any better either. 

Thick veins protruded from the sides of his neck as his dark eyes landed on the jar of cookies - which Gwen then proceeded to hide under the blanket. Like that could save the day. 

"I live here. And you two are playing junkies under my roof." His tone was sexily low, dangerous. Her heart fluttered for all the wrong reasons. This wasn't funny nor sexy, but there she was, holding in another chuckle and shamelessly eye-raping the beyond vexed Alpha male. 

"I can explain.." Gwen stared, shutting up instantly when Logan shot her a fierce glare.

"I'll talk to you later." 

Heat rushed south when his angered stare returned to her. "As for you," He growled, pointing towards the hallway. "We'll talk now." 

"Yessir!" Mariana gave a mock salute, shuffling onto her feet. The room was playing spinning teacup ride. With an ungraceful stumble, she squeezed past the infuriated man into the corridor. One too many cookies and her brain had turned to mush. 

"What the hell were you thinking, doing drugs with my teenage sister?! You're the Alpha female, you're here to set an example." Logan's gravelly voice thundered down the hall with authority and demand. 

"Buzzt. Wrong! I am not the Alpha-female." Those reality show buzzer noises were fun to make. They amused her far more than they should. "Okay, I admit, It wasn't right. But instead of scolding me, you should talk to Gwen why she feels the need for those cookies in the first place. I can tell you my reason. Certain someone tried to force-mark me in the bathroom this morning." She jabbed a finger at his broad chest. 

Dark look crossed his features. "I can own up to my mistakes. I came to apologize, it wasn't fitting for me to make that move on you, both as an Alpha and a man." He said stiffly as if word 'sorry' was the hardest thing to pronounce. "But that is besides the point-" 

"No it ain't." Mariana seethed, retrieving her hand from his chest as if he was a hot stove. She even added a subtle shake for 'you burned me' show. "You're an ass. A hot one, but still a major ass. You can't even apologize without sounding like you're reading from a drill manual." 

"Is it my fault now that my younger sibling is doing drugs?" He glowered down at her. 

She was not about to budge either. "You make it sound like we were injecting heroin. You have the sense of fun of a dry biscuit." 

"A dry - what now?" Both of his dark eyebrows shut up at the insult. In all honesty, he looked torn between being amused and genuinely offended. 

"You heard me." Mariana went on. She never had a filter when it came to words, but those infamous cookies just had set her tongue on the loose. "You're always so fucking stiff - and not even in a good way! When you talk, you sound like a sergeant. She's fifteen, for fuck's sake, if she will want to join military, she will without her brother's training!" She gasped for air, having said that in a single breath. 

Logan stared at her like he had just discovered America again. His eyes were wide, one eyebrow tilted upwards. It was comical, really. But unfortunately her uncontrolled laughing seemed to snap him back to the topic of her intoxicated state. 

"I am not having this conversation with you being stoned." His voice firm. 

"You wouldn't have this conversation with me even if I was sober." She retorted, blinking rapidly when Logan's figure doubled. "Fucking great, now there's two of you."