"The Faux-posal"- Layla & Kayden

Disclaimer: this story is NOT part of the official SOS storyline. It's just fan fiction! Enjoy 😊

Author: Grace (@jellybabybandit)

+++

KAYDEN

Shit. I didn't want it to be like this. I wanted it to be better. More memorable. I mean, I even did the due diligence in asking for her Dad's blessing beforehand.

But fuck, ever since she told me about lil bean three months ago, and seeing her rounded form as she slips out of the bathroom and into our bed, I can honestly say I have never wanted her more. And I want to ensure our forever.

She slides under the covers to cuddle up to me and my hand makes its way to settle on her abdomen. I peck her lips gently, "Hey".

"Hey", she replies breathlessly, weaving her fingers through my hair.

"So, I've been thinking..", I start.

"Well, that's never a good thing" she smirks, the look on her face pure mischief.

I roll my eyes, "Ha ha" I state dryly. "Seriously, I've been thinking about it, and we should get married".

The statement is met by silence and stilling hands. Maybe I should've thought it through a little more. It's not exactly the most romantic proposal. Yeah, this definitely isn't what I had planned.

I look to Layla to try and get inside her mind, but she's Fort Knox.

"Why?", she asks.

"What do you mean, 'Why'?", I reply, "I love you. I think you're sexy, and smart. I love the way you look at me like I hung the moon. I love the way you make me feel invincible and even when reality shows me I'm not, you're there to support me and help put me back together. I love that you're driven and ambitious, and have never lost sight of your goals but adapt to any curves in the road with a level head and grace. I love your heart and how much you love your family and our friends. But most of all I love that you're giving me a family I never dreamt could become a reality. One of my own to protect with my life, and to love with all my heart and soul. I want it to always stay this way."

She gives me a watery smile. "Me too", she states as she resumes curling my hair around her fingers, "but I don't need a wedding. Kayden, you are, without a doubt the most stubborn, enraging, cantankerous.."

"I hope there are some positives in there somewhere", I interject.

She chuckles and continues "..courageous, trustworthy, intelligent, affectionate, and captivating man I have ever known. Every day I have spent with you make me realise just how lucky I am to be by your side and to be loved by you. From the moment I saw you, I've been drawn to you like a moth to a flame. I'm yours, and you're mine. I don't need a ring or a signed piece of paper to know that. I love you."

I feel a flutter beneath my palm, "And bean obviously agrees", she laughs. "He must know when his mom's right", she concludes, placing her hand atop mine.

"Or maybe," I supply "she just didn't want us to go forgetting about her in our makeshift vows. I don't need a wedding either. Just knowing my girls are healthy and happy is more than enough for me. But just say the word and I'll wife you up faster than you can say clitoral stimulation".

"Noted, but they're a he. Mother's intuition, remember?", she boasts cockily.

"She. Most intelligent, remember?" I mimic.

She glares at me and it takes everything in me not to laugh at the petulant pout marring her beautiful face. Then, her eyes become bright with mirth and I know I'm done for. "How about we circle back to that clitoral stimulation you mentioned, and you try to change my mind?"

I kiss her deeply. "With a challenge like that how can I refuse? We both know I can make you pretty damn agreeable when my mouth is between your thighs".

A/N:

Not exactly the smut we've come to know and love with Kayden and Layla, but this was something that was beginning to come to fruition in my mind at 4am and has become the first piece of actual writing I've done since my english language GCSE nearly 13 years ago. I just wanted to imagine some of the soft underbelly of their new and improved relationship, and show that even with his effed up history with religion, there's very little Kayden wouldn't do for Layla.

T/N:

Sorry Layla, looks like Daddy Kayden was right this round. Good luck dating in the future 'lil bean ❤️

 Good luck dating in the future 'lil bean ❤️