'Beasts and Buttons and Bears Oh My'- Jack x Sana

Disclaimer: this story is NOT part of the official SOS storyline. It's just fan fiction! Enjoy 😊

Part 9 of B-Sides

Author: JJ (JJthatsall )

〰️〰️〰️

Jack escorted Sana down the narrow aisle to their first class seats. Their engagement had been longer than he hoped but it could have been worse. And it gave him time to impress her family. Surprisingly, her dad came around pretty easily. A few good conversations, a couple of rink-side seats during visits home and somehow Jack had volunteered to help with replacing a fence and painting the siding. It was obvious where Sana got her easy charm and confidence.

Her mother still wasn't quite convinced. Sharper, more cautious than her husband, but after assigning some family friends in Toronto to "take good care" of him, they at least had a peaceful stalemate. He did suspect she was the source of some of Sana's more devious torture plots.

Of course they waited for her to complete her internship. Of course he never touched her. Of course they were never ever alone together, once her internship with him was over. But she didn't have to cook like that for him every week. Sana already had his heart, she did not need his stomach too. And she definitely didn't need to call him every night asking for a story to help her "sleep". Yeah right.

But he told her stories about everything from bubbles to bakeries to Build-A-Bear. That last one collapsed in a riot of giggles and inspired Sana's first Valentine's gift. She had taken to sending him photos of the bear, snuggled on her pillow, sitting on the edge of her damn bathtub, peeking out of a fucking lingerie bag. Jack was not jealous of a stuffed toy, but a man does have his pride.

"You left J.R. at home right?" He grumbled, shoving their carry-on in the overhead. "Otherwise, I swear he's spending the month in a drawer underneath a box of condoms. I'll say hi every time I grab one."

A whole month on the Shaws' private island in the British Virgins, after this flight plus a short trip by helicopter. Helen had offered their Gulfstream jet as well but Jack couldn't risk it. He was not about to consummate his marriage over international waters, no matter how luxuriously private the accommodations. Maybe on the way home.

During the five hour flight, Jack took small liberties with his bride. His thigh pressed firmly against hers in the next seat, arm around her shoulders as she napped. His fingers twining with hers, circling her dainty wrist, imprinting the soft weight of her palm. The wedding yesterday had been beautiful but the two weeks of celebrations and family obligations before were exhausting. They were both ready for some peace and privacy.

Sana sighed and shifted against him. Jack tucked her up against his chest a bit more and relaxed. He almost dropped a quick kiss on her covered hair but stopped just short. He had payment to collect and she needed to be awake for every last one. Still a couple hundred to go, though last night...hmm.

~~~~~~~~~~((Last Night))~~~~~~~~~~

Finally escaping the congratulatory horde, Jack slumped against the hotel room door. His head was pounding, feet throbbing from the slick polished leather shoes. He kicked them off, groaning and wiggling his cramped toes. The bow tie went next, dangling loose around his neck as he popped collar buttons and slowly rolled his shoulders. His head lolled to the side, eyes lazy, half-closed.

A softly hissed "Stop" snapped him alert. Jack cursed under his breath and turned away, fumbling with the ridiculous buttons.

"No, don't stop-stop. Just wait. I uhm, I want to..." Jack followed her voice as it trailed off and suddenly everything stopped.