"Our Baby"- Layla x Kayden

Disclaimer: this story is NOT part of the official SOS storyline. It's just fan fiction! Enjoy 😊

Author: @tamarind_me

+++

Layla

My heart pounds painfully loudly in my chest as I clutch it tightly in my fingers. This can't be happening. I'm not ready. He's not ready. We can't. We can't. We can't. What am I going to do?

I look down at it again, hoping that my mind isn't playing some kind of trick on me but the result remains the same. Two glaringly red vertical lines. I'm pregnant.

God, I can't be pregnant. How did I get pregnant? We haven't even discussed this before. What if he's not ready? What if he pushes me away the way he's done before? It's only been a year since I got him back and he still struggles with this domestic lifestyle sometimes. I don't have the slightest clue as to how he's going to react to a child.

Fuck, what if he doesn't want it? It's my baby. Our baby. The combination of me and the person I love the most in the entire world.

My hand drops to my abdomen, and even though I know that it is nothing but a clump of cells at the moment, I would do anything to protect it. It's going to be the most beautiful thing in the entire world.

A tear rolls down my cheek as I realize how shorthanded I am right now. I love this child and I love Kayden and the thought of parting with either one of them wrenches my soul so damn agonizing.

The sobs bubble out of me without warning and begin to wrack through my body as I slide down the wall and tuck my knees into my chest. What if he makes me choose? I don't want to pick between them. I don't. I don't. I don't. He's going to-

"Layla, where are you?" I hear a familiar, rough voice from the other side of the door, startling me mid-sob.

"I-I'll be right out, Kayden," I say as steadily as possible. I quickly wash my face as best as I can, trying to get rid of the red splotches and runny snot but it all goes to waste as soon as I open the door and see him.

My arms wind around him as I bury my head in his chest and begin to weep uncontrollably. "Layla, what's wrong?" he asks, alarmed at my sudden outburst. But the fear constricts my throat, trapping any and all words, and I can't do anything but burrow further into his body.

After asking a couple of times and not getting an answer, he picks me up and carries me into the washroom, setting me atop the countertop. He widens my legs and stands between them, cupping my cheeks in his hands and making me stare into his mesmerizing copper irises.

"Tell me what's wrong, baby," he murmurs gruffly.

"Please don't leave me again," I whisper.

"Layla, why on earth would I do that? I love you so much. I could never, ever leave you, sweetheart," he says, sounding more genuine than ever.

"Promise?" I whine babyishly.

"I promise, baby," he says, pressing his forehead against mine. "Now tell me what's wrong," he insists. But before I can part my lips - to answer or shut him up with a kiss, I can't decide - his eyes fall on the pregnancy test carelessly lying on the cool surface and he looks between me and it, questioning me.

"Kayden, I-," I try to speak, but he picks it up and his eyes widen - in surprise or terror, I can't goddamn tell, and he manages to sputter out, "Y-You're pregnant?" I look away in shame, snapping my eyes shut and waiting for his angry, heartbreaking outburst, but for some reason, it doesn't come.

I crack my eyelids open just a tad, seeing the moisture beginning to gather in his bewitching eyes. "You're pregnant, Layla. Fuck. Fuck. FUCK!" he exclaims. I scrunch my eyebrows together, taking a good look at him to try to decipher if he was happy or mad when he plants a gigantic, passionate kiss square on my lips, making me gasp in surprise.

"You're pregnant, Layla! With my child. Our child. This is fucking amazing," he says, lifting me off the counter and spinning around in joyful circles.

Okay, this is not at all what I was expecting.

"Are you...are you not...mad?" I ask, carefully.

"Baby, why in the fuck would I be mad? This is the happiest day of my life. You're pregnant with my child, Layla. I love you so much," he murmurs, nuzzling his nose with mine as our breaths mingle in warm puffs.

"I-I thought you'd be mad," I admit shamefully, "I thought you would...push me away again. I thought you wouldn't want to be a parent because of...your past and I got so scared, Kayden. I didn't want to part with either of you and I thought maybe you'd make me choose," I say, hanging my head and letting out a small sniffle.

He doesn't say anything. Instead, he carries me to our bed, setting me down carefully and then getting down on his knees as he wraps his arms around me and plasters his face against my stomach. My heart thumps erratically in my chest at the gesture, not knowing what to do at the way he was being so loving.

"This is our baby, Layla," he begins, "And I'm already so head-over-heels in love with it. This beautiful thing has been made from our love and I could never hate it, sweetheart. Never ever. I know I've given you a very hard time before but, baby, I promise I'm going to try and be the best daddy possible for our little bean. I promise I won't disappoint you, angel. I'm so so sorry you felt the need to hide this from me."

I can feel the fabric of my shirt dampening and I immediately look down to find his tears are the reason for it. My heart breaks in my chest as I look at how devastatingly beautiful he looks, even in pain. How could I think of him this way? My Kayden.

My hands cup his face, brushing the wetness off of his cheekbones as I make him look up at me. His copper eyes pierce through my soul the way they do every single time he gazes at me. I don't think I'm ever going to get used to it.

"I'm sorry, Kayden. For thinking of you that way. I love you more than I could love anyone in the world. Please, forgive me," I whisper, leaning his forehead against mine.

Our lips immediately tangle with each other, becoming more and more urgent by the second until we can't take it anymore and he pushes me onto the bed. "Let me make love to you, Layla," is all he says before ravaging my lips and setting my being on fire, one more time.

A/N: Ok lol please tell me that was at least half as good as I thought it sounded in my head. Hope y'all liked it and constructive criticism is greatly appreciated.

T/N: *sniffs ..These two ❤️