'An Aureate Addition'- Layla x Kayden

Disclaimer: this story is NOT part of the official SOS storyline. It's just fan fiction! Enjoy 😊

Author: Violet (@violetvenus24)

+++

A/N:- I hope by the end of this, I haven't ruined your favourite characters for y'all.

Layla

Something like a soaking rag drags across the right side of my face. Too sleepy to comprehend it, I snuggle further into the sheets. I reach for Kayden to pull him closer but something furry meets my hand instead. Warm breath grazes my cheek and I feel another smooth but rag-like sweep.

Soft, but exuberant, "woof, woof."

For a few fuzzy, sleepy seconds it feels like a dream. A blurry recollection of memories worms their way into my sleep. Thick, rich, golden-yellow coat, friendly and intelligent coffee eyes drift across my head. A faded strip of memory; Butters cuddling up to me as I cried in my bed after an unexpectedly bad exam in school.

Suddenly, I feel a furry weight on my chest moving here and there. The gentle wet sweeps become more incessant, the barking sounds louder and everything feels all too familiar and powerfully real.

My forehead scrunches up and I swiftly push open my eyes.

I am greeted with the most warm and welcoming dark brown eyes belonging to a broad head which in turn belongs to a firm but warm body. Large, floppy pendant ears and the cutest little brown nose. Entirely covered with a dense, fluffy, lustrous golden coat. It casts its friendly gaze over me, looking at me as if it wants me to like him. Tail wagging a little. It's wet tongue comes forward and licks my chin, eliciting an astonished giggle from me.

A wave of mixed feelings engulf me: surprise, confusion, nostalgia, excitement and happiness. My confusion is answered by the man standing in front of the bed, looking at me with nervousness and hope. The fluffy little creature obstructs his view and I have to sit up to get a good look at him.

He looks extremely anxious, but sounds so fricking heartfelt. "Happy birthday, sweetheart."

A lump forms in my throat and my eyes swell with tears. I don't know what to say. I know that the obvious answer is to say thank you but I am too shocked to say anything.

He reads the look on my face and says, "Say hi to, Oscar. We can change the name if you want. But say hi to our little pet."

Our little pet has stopped licking my face, now that I am fully awake and has quietly cuddled up to me, looking at me with shining, excited eyes. I give his thick, furry coat a gentle caress. He snuggles further into me and I chuckle softly, on the verge of tears.

I look up at my ridiculously adorable boyfriend, "Kayden.." So many questions. I have so many fricking questions.

Nervous anticipation laces his voice. "So... do you like it?

"Of course I do! I love it." I choke out.

Slowly I set the new member of our home down on the bed and leap towards Kayden. He catches me as I throw myself into his arms, hold his face and pepper it with kisses. "Thank you. Thank you so much". He chuckles as I lean down to his mouth to kiss him. Finally, he sounds relaxed as he whispers into my mouth, "I love you."

"I love you too. So much."

+++

Before we can even get to the matter of renaming our fluffy little baby, I bombard him with questions, as he prepares breakfast.