Contest #28 | New Year's Eve | CLOSED

NEW YEAR'S EVE

Please note, the following contest and its rules are the creation of a team of Ambassadors and is in no way affiliated with Wattpad or its staff. Judging of said contest is entirely run by its creators and is not the responsibility of Wattpad or its staff.

*

ABOUT

Welcome to our brand new contest: NEW YEAR'S EVE! This contest is a short one to get you creative and inspired at the start of a brand new year. Write a 100-word microfiction based on one of the prompts below:

*

PROMPT

Choose only ONE of the following prompts:

#1

While everyone else is celebrating New Year's Eve, you're investigating the murder of a big time producer's daughter. As you fall asleep at your desk, you have a dream of the victim's ghost. She's the only one who knows what happened, after all. In 100 words, write about what happens in that dream.

#2

It's New Year's Eve and you've decided to head home early to spend the night with your significant other. When you arrive home, you find your lover gone. Only the dead body of a child remains, and in the child's hands is a crumpled, bloody note that reads: Find me. In 100 words, write about what happens next.

*

GUIDELINES

1. Your entry should be no more than 100 words. Anything above 100 words will be disqualified.

2. Choose only ONE of the two prompts above. Only one entry allowed per participant for this contest.

3. Your entry must be written in English and adhere to Wattpad's Content Guidelines. Mature stories will not be accepted.

4. Your entry must be an original work written for this contest. You may continue your story if you wish, but we will only review what has been submitted to us.

5. Contest ends on 11th January 2021. Entries that exceed the deadline will be disqualified.

*

HOW TO ENTER

Submit your entry to us via this FORM. Copy and paste your entire entry in the form itself. Entries submitted anywhere else will not be accepted.

*

PRIZES

Winners will receive a shoutout from Mystery to 214,000 followers. The winning entries will be featured in our Chills & Thrills anthology.

*

Happy writing and good luck!