Contest 1: Write A Murder Scene - With Plenty Of Questions Left Open

So after a bunch of writing challenges, this one will be our first writing contest (Yay, you may throw confetti now :) The prize is amazing since you will not only get a shout out from our profile with your submission being added to our new Mystery Wall of Fame edition, but the winning entry will also be the kick off for the upcoming Murder Mystery Puzzle Game of the Fright community. 

So what do you need to do?

Write a murder scene, no longer than 3000 words, but do not reveal the murderer, the weapon or where it happened. Sounds like a challenge? Well, it is... and if you leave the reader intrigued and drooling to solve this mystery, you are right on track. 

Other housekeeping matters:

This should be a new story, entries that were previously written or are part of a collection do not qualify.  Please tag your entry with #mysteryfriday and also paste the link to your entry in the comment section below. 

Deadline is two weeks from now, so Friday, October 14th at midnight EST. Winner to be announced a week later on Friday, October 21st. Winner will also have to give permission for Fright to use their entry as chapter 1 of their upcoming Murder Mystery Puzzle.

So what are you waiting for? Sharpen your pencils, power on your laptops and get  busy :) We hope to see a lot of entries and if there are questions, just ask in the comments or PM us.