Contest #21 | Flash Forward | CLOSED

Please note, the following contest and its rules are the creation of a team of Ambassadors and is in no way affiliated with Wattpad or its staff. Judging of said contest is entirely run by its creators and is not the responsibility of Wattpad or its staff.

*

Welcome to our brand new contest—Flash Forward!

This March, your task is to write a microfiction (a short piece) based on the following prompt:

PROMPT

For as long as you can remember, you've been able to see deaths before they happen. This time, however, it's personal. Tomorrow, at noon, the person you love will be in a fatal accident.

In 300 words, write about the moment the accident occurs. What is the accident you've foreseen? Will it actually happen? And what will you do—save the one you love, take their place or let fate play its hand?

It's all up to you.

*

RULES

(Entries that do not adhere to the following guidelines will be disqualified.)

Your entry should be 300 words (acceptable range is between 250-350 words). Anything under or above the range will be disqualified.

Mystery should be the primary genre of your entry. Secondary genres (e.g. Action / Teen Fiction / Romance) are acceptable too.

Submit your entry in the comment section below. Comment with your ENTIRE ENTRY. Entries submitted as links will not be accepted.

Only one entry allowed per user.

The deadline is 31st March 2019, 11:59 PM UTC/GMT.

*

PRIZES

Winners will receive a promotion on Mystery  to ~188'000 followers. The winning entries will also be featured in our Chills & Thrills anthology.

*

Good luck & happy writing!