Contest #26 | One | CLOSED

Please note, the following contest and its rules are the creation of a team of Ambassadors and is in no way affiliated with Wattpad or its staff. Judging of said contest is entirely run by its creators and is not the responsibility of Wattpad or its staff.

*

Welcome to our brand new contest: One!

This contest is a short one to get you creative and inspired for the month of September. You have only one week to write one hundred words. Write a drabble (no more than 100 words) based on one of the following prompts:

*

PROMPT

#1

One afternoon, while relaxing at home, you hear a cell phone ringing. It's not yours. You do not recognize the ringtone, so you ignore at first, but the ringing only gets louder. You investigate the source of the sound, which leads you to the storeroom. There, you find a phone on a pile of clothes. In 100 words, write about what happens when you pick up the call.

#2

One day, you get added into a group chat with four strangers. One of them tells you that their sister is missing, and your number was given in the last text that their sister sent. Just then, you receive another text. This one is from the missing sister. In 100 words, write about what happens when you open her text.

#3

One night, you return from work, exhausted after your shift. Something about your new home in this city doesn't feel right. Suddenly, you hear whispers coming from the bottom of the stairs. You turn around, but see no one. You head back upstairs, only to hear the whispers again. In 100 words, write about what happens when you turn around again.

*

GUIDELINES

Your entry should be no more than 100 words. Anything above 100 words will be disqualified.

Choose only ONE of the three prompts above. Only one entry allowed per user for this contest.

Your entry must be written in English and adhere to Wattpad's Content Guidelines.

Submit your entry in the comment section below. Comment with your entire entry. Entries submitted as links will not be accepted.

Contest ends on 6th September 2020. Entries that exceed the deadline will be disqualified.

*

PRIZES

Winners will receive a shoutout on our profile to ~200,000 followers. The winning entries will also be featured in our Chills & Thrills anthology.

Good luck and happy writing!