Contest #24 | Killing Time | CLOSED

Please note, the following contest and its rules are the creation of a team of Ambassadors and is in no way affiliated with Wattpad or its staff. Judging of said contest is entirely run by its creators and is not the responsibility of Wattpad or its staff.

*

Welcome to our brand new contest in conjunction with HistoricalFiction! This November, your task is to write a flashfic based on the following prompt:

*

PROMPT

You've woken up in the middle of a park, not knowing how or why you're here. You discover a newspaper lying beneath you and quickly reach for it.

From the printed date, you realise it's no longer 2019. You must've travelled back in time during your sleep. Chills run down your spine as you scan the front page, with the headline:

Serial Killer Claims New Victim

Many things run through your mind. How do you get back to your time? And how do you explain the corpse lying several feet away from you?

*

GUIDELINES

(Entries that do not adhere to the following guidelines will be disqualified.)

The deadline is 31 December 2019.

Your entry should be no more than 2000 characters long. Anything longer than that will be disqualified. See the 'How To Enter' section below for more information.

Your entry must be written in English. Historical Fiction and Mystery must be the primary genres of your story. Secondary genres (e.g. Action / Horror / Romance) are acceptable too.

Your entry must be an original work written for this contest. You may continue the story if you wish, but we will only review what has been submitted to us in the comment section.

Your entry should be PG-13 and must adhere to Wattpad's Content Guidelines. Mature stories will not be accepted.

*

HOW TO ENTER

Submit your entry in the comment section below.

It should be no longer than 2000 characters (i.e. the maximum length of one comment). This includes letters, punctuation and spelling.

On the web browser, you'll be able to find the character limit when you paste your entry in the comment section below. Alternatively, you can use wordcounter.net to check the number of characters your entry before submitting it here.

Only one entry per participant is allowed.

*

PRIZES

Winners will receive a shoutout on HistoricalFiction and Mystery to ~260,000 followers. The winning entries will be featured in the Historical Fiction's Flashback anthology and Mystery's Chills & Thrills anthology. Your story will also receive a shout-out from @WattpadAmbs and @WattpadHF Twitter account.

*

Good luck and happy writing!