Contest #25 | When the Villains Win | CLOSED

Please note, the following contest and its rules are the creation of a team of Ambassadors and is in no way affiliated with Wattpad or its staff. Judging of said contest is entirely run by its creators and is not the responsibility of Wattpad or its staff.

*

Welcome to our brand new contest: When the Villains Win!

This August, your task is to write a one-shot based on the following prompt:

*

PROMPT

"Sometimes the monsters are...you."

Your character is out and about, for what seems like a normal day, changes when you stumble on an old box that you just recognize to be your old toy as a kid, except it's glowing. What do you do?

*

GUIDELINES

Entry must be no more than 2500 words. Anything above 2500 words will be disqualified.

Submissions must be in English. Mystery must be the primary genre of your entry - any other secondary genre is acceptable too.

Must be an original work written for this contest.

Mature stories are not allowed and should be at least PG -13. They must adhere to Wattpad's Content Guidelines.

The deadline is 10th September 2020. Entries submitted after this date will not be accepted.

Submit your entry as a link in the comment section below. Incorrect links or entries submitted somewhere else will not be accepted.

*

PRIZES

Winners will receive a sticker and a shoutout from Mystery to ~200,000 followers. All winning entries will be featured in our Chills & Thrills anthology and Contest Winners reading list.