Mittens found

Trigger warning this chapter contains descriptions of injuries associated with depression and self harm so reader discretion is advised

Luz POV

I screamed at the sight that I was greeted by as I entered Amity's secret hideout. There she was sprawled across the floor bleeding heavily from the wrists. Tears began to pour from my eyes as I stood there too horrified by what I was looking at to move.
Edric rushed to his sister's side and scooped her up in his arms with a horrified look in his face. "Call Emira and tell her we're taking amity to the healers!"
I scrambled for my scroll as we rushed towards the healers. I called Emira and she picked up immediately.
"Luz what's up did ya find her?" She asked
"A-ammm-ii hhrt shhhhhe" I stuttered over my words as I sobbed uncontrollably.
Edric took my scroll and desperately yelled into it "Amity is hurt get to the healers now!" He hung up and gave me my scroll as we sprinted to the healers.

Time skip

I paced around the waiting room thought overwhelming my mind. "What happened to her? why did she do it? Will she be okay? What if she's not? It's my fault."
My thoughts were interrupted by Emira and Zoe bursting into the room with Eda behind them.
"Where is she" Emira yelled frantically looking at her brother.
"She's in there" he said gesturing to the door that held Amity.
I ran up to Eda and hugged her tightly. I was expecting her to back away but instead she held me close as I cried into her arm.
"Edric what happened?" She asked calmly.
Ed took a deep breath before explaining. "We got into Amity's hideout in the library and found her unconscious on the floor bleeding. She was cutting herself and must've hit an artery or something and was bleeding out."
"And you didn't do anything?!" Emira yelled.
"I brought her here didn't I!" He yelled back "I'm not a healer Em what did you want me to do? illusion the wound closed" he snapped.
"Both of you calm down" eda said sternly "I understand you're both scared for your sister but yelling at each other won't help anyone."
The twins looked down at the ground.
"Did the healer say if she would be okay?" Zoe asked, concern clear in her voice.
"They didn't say much just that they were "doing everything they can" Ed said with quotation marks clearly frustrated from the vagueness of the doctors answer.
I cried harder into Eda who gave a reassuring smile "don't worry kid she'll be alright"
"But what if she's not" I sobbed.
Eda crouched down so she was at eye level "the healers are doing everything in their power to help her okay" she reassured me "she'll be alright but we have to make sure to be there for her" she ruffled my hair.

A healer came out of the room and looked around to see the 5 of us staring at him eager for an update.
"Hello my name is doctor Stevan Venat" he introduced himself.
"Miss blights condition is stable for now and is currently resting in her room." He said with a professional and calm tone.
"Can we see her?" I asked desperately.
"Momentarily" he answered "I just have a few questions I want to ask you all"
"What are they?" Eda asked with a skeptical tone.
"First of all who here is related to the patient?"
"We are" Edric and Emira said in unison "we're her siblings"
He nodded and wrote something down before continuing. "What are the rest of your relationships to Miss blight?
"I'm her friend" I answered with a shaky voice "me too" Zoe added.
The doctor looked at Eda "I don't have any particular connection to Amity I just gave the twins here a lift." Eda said.
"Where are miss Blights parents?" He asked
An uncomfortable silence filled the room "they're not here" Ed and em answered with anger in their voice.
Doctor Venat wrote something else down. "The nature of miss Blights injuries are physical and seem to have been committed by herself" he began "miss blight appears to be suffering from certain amounts of depression and or trauma leading to self harm. I am familiar with the Blight parents and their..." he paused "unhealthy obsession with status and reputation so I doubt they would allow their daughter to be admitted into a mental health programme." I was surprised at how causally he was saying this, I had not doubt that he technically wasn't supposed to be telling us this. "He really cares about Amity's well being" I thought to myself.
"Therefore" he continued "I recommend asking my cousin for help. I believe Miss Eda and the blight twins should be familiar, his name is Nicholas Venat."
Eda and the twins eyes widened "thats where I recognise your name from" eda said stunned
"You're Nick's cousin?" Edric asked surprised.
Me and Zoe looked at each other not understanding at all who they were talking about. "Who's nick?" I asked quietly.
"He's an old family friend who went to live in the human realm" Emira answered.
My jaw hit the floor "he lives in the human world" I said shocked.
"Yeah I haven't spoken to him in a few years but I could call him and ask for his help." Eda said as she reached inside her hair and pulled out an old looking cell phone. She dialled a number and after a couple of rings it was answered.
"Eda to what do I owe the pleasure" a confident voice from the other end asked.
"No time to chit chat Nick I need your help." Eda said with a serous tone.
"And here I thought you called to catch up" she said with sarcastic tone.
"Cut the crap Nick it's about Mittens" Edric said snatching the phone from Eda who glared at him.
"Amity" he said with a more serious tone "what happened to her?"
"We'll tell you when you get here" Eda said as she snatched the phone back "get here now"
"Eda I cannot just drop everything at once and hop dimensions" he answered "I will be there as soon as I can but it might be a couple of days."
"Just get here when you can" eda demanded as she hung up.

"Well that went about as well as a conversation with my cousin can go" doctor Venat admitted.
"Now that that's sorted let's return to the matter at hand"
"Can we see Amity?" I interrupted.
He gave me a sympathetic look "I can allow one visitor into Miss Blights room" he said.
"Me" I volunteered immediately "take me too her."
Doctor Venat looked to Ed and Em who simply nodded and he led me to the room.

I walked in and saw Amity half awake on the bed looking at me as her eyes widened. I ran to be and through my arms around her and pulled her close "OMG Amity I was so scared I thought I lost you" I sobbed as she was taken aback before she hugged me tightly
"I'm so sorry Luz I didn't mean to make you worry I'm so-" I interrupted her by putting my finger to her lips
"This isn't your fault don't blame yourself" I commanded as her eyes softened and hugged me again, this time not letting go.