A rough day

Trigger warning: this chapter contains descriptions of sexism and sexual assault and harassment. Reader discretion is advised.

Luz POV
It doesn't look like Amity slept well after her talk with Nick. To be fair I hadn't either. I hadn't been able to stop thinking about what Nick said. Obviously the fact he was ex military and had a past relationship with Amity's dad was shocking on its own but it was the stuff with Belos that was replaying in my mind.

"He wanted Nick as a successor? Would he be looking for another one? Has he already found one? It could be Lilith" I thought to myself. Lilith, Eda's sister, is incredibly skilled and is a very high ranking member of the Emperor's coven so it would follow that he wanted her as a replacement when he passes.

Another part if Nick's tale that was plaguing my mind was Belos' plan. "He wants to get to the human world. If he gets his hands on Eda's key..." I shook my head. I can't think about that. He won't get the key, I won't let him.

When we all got downstairs we found that Nick had made us all pancakes.
"Hey kids." He said "noticed you had ingredients for pancakes so I decided to whip some up."
Eda scoffed "told you he was soft." She whispered to me and Amity and we giggled.
"I heard that." Nick shouted from the kitchen making us laugh more.
"If any of you want any come and get it." Nick continues.
"Count me in." Zoe says before heading to the kitchen. "Me too" Gus adds "why not?" Willow says before following the others.

I turn to Amity but she sakes her head and I go and get a couple of pancakes from Nick.
As I turn to leave I hear Nicks voice. "Hey Luz wait."
I turn and look at him "wassap?"
He pauses for a moment and glances of in the direction of Amity. "try and help her eat a little okay."
I nod "will do."

I begin walking out if the kitchen before being stopped by Zoe. "Yo where ya going with that?" She asks gesturing to my food.
"I'm gonna try and help Amity eat something." I admit. She gives an understanding look though it looks mixed with something else. Jealousy maybe?

She nods her head "you take good care of her you know."
I give a warm smile "thanks that's really kind."
She still looks a little sad but gestures for me to go to Amity.

I make my way upstairs to where Amity returned and go to open the door before remembering what happened last time. I knock on the door. "Ami?" I ask "are you dressed?"
"Yeah" I hear her muffled voice from the other side of the door and open it to see her sitting down scanning my bookcase. "Where'd you get all these?" She asks.
I plop myself down next to her "I have eda send olwbert to get some of my books every now and then so I have something to read." I explain and she nods.

I cut a very small piece of pancake of and gesture it towards Amity. She grows pale and shakes her head vigorously.
"Cmon Amity it's really good." I say. "Here comes the aeroplane." I say as I playfully make aeroplane noises and slowly move the fork toward her mouth.

She turns her head away and her expression turns to a really upset one. "Don't treat me like a child Luz." She says with pain in her voice.

My eyes widen and guilt fills my stomach "oh no Amity I didn't mean to patronise you." I say as I place my hand on her cheek. "I just wanted to make it easier for you to feel like you can eat around me. I'm sorry."

She nuzzles her face into my hand and she begins to blush as I slowly move my thumb in her cheek. "I forgive you" she says. She slowly opens her golden eyes and suddenly I'm filled with butterflies. We stare into each other's eyes for a moment and I feel myself beginning to lean in when I hear a voice behind us.

"Ahem." We both suddenly sit up and frantically turn towards the source of the voice. We see Zoe standing there. She's trying to act casual but I can see the hurt in her eyes at what she saw. "W-we need to be g-getting to school." She stutters. "I just came to make sure you were almost ready to go."
"W-we'll be down in a sec" I stutter out.
Zoe leaves the room and I put my face in my hands. "What a brilliant start." I think to myself "I upset amity and make Zoe feel even worse. Hopefully the rest of the day goes better than this."