Do it for her

Amity POV
I woke up to the sound of arguing. My body ached like i had been dragged by a Griffin from hexside to the conformitorian. I groggily opened my eyes and tired to move my arms but felt resistance. I looked up to see my hands bound above my head, chained to the wall.

"Hey, you, you're finally awake." I turn to see a girl with brown hair and green eyes next to me. She was also chained and her eyes were sunken, her lips chapped and cheeks thinned, they she was being starved and she was dehydrated.

"You're Emira's girlfriend right?" I ask the girl and she nods.

"Where is she?" The girl asks.

"I don't know, Zoe said she and Ed were fighting some of my friends." I admit."

"Is Zoe the new girl your parents are arguing with." I look past Viney to see Edric's boyfriend, Jerbo, also chained as well as Dr Venat. I nod my head and turn my attention to the yelling voices, now growing closer as they came down the steps.

"You could've jeopardised the whole mission and made everything we've been working towards pointless." I heard the voice of my father yelling in a furious tone that I was unfortunately all too familiar with.

"But I didn't, did i." I heard the ,comparatively calm, voice of Zoe retort.

"It was an unnecessary risk and you've invited them to come and fight us." The mostly calm, if not a little frustrated, voice of my mother added.

"So let them come." Zoe laughed. "They can't beat us! Lilith will be returning with reinforcements soon and then we'll be unstoppable. Plus if we capture that owl lady and bring her to the emperor along with this good old key." Zoe said flashing the key to the human world.

Zoe glances in my direction and smiles. "Oh look sleeping beauty has decided to wake up."

"Let us go!" Viney yells as she struggles against her chains but Zoe just rolls her eyes.

"Oh wow you told us to release you, I guess we just have to let you go now." She said with exaggerated sarcasm.

"Please don't do this." Dr Venat begged. "You don't need to do this for the love of Titan."

"Oh but we do good doctor." Zoe chuckled as she drew a spell circle and pointed her hands at the other prisoners and they fell asleep. Afterwards Zoe snapped her fingers and a few emperors coven came in and took Viney, Jerbo and Dr Venat too another room.

"Where are you taking them?" I asked.

"None of your business child." My father spat.

"Alador, please." Zoe said placing her hand in front of my father and turning to me. "Do not fret Amity. We won't do anything to them... so long as they don't get in our way and you co operate with us."

"What are you going to do to me?" I ask, my voice shaking.

"For now nothing." Zoe answers earning looks of confusion from my parents. "I need rest." Zoe continues, answering the silent questions filling the room.

"We do not have time." My mother argues. "Edalyn and her posey could be storming the manor at any point."

Zoe rolls her eyes. "Edalyn just transformed into her cursed form, even if they are able to turn her to normal tonight, she is going to need rest, as is the rest of their group."

"Yes however..." my mother began before getting cut off by Zoe.

"They also will need a plan, they won't just run in blind, not with the mercenary and the plant girl acting as level heads in the group. Ergo we have time."