Amity's mind

Luz POV
"Zoe!" I growl as i pull some glyphs from my pockets, but she throws her hands up in surrender.

"No need to start that." She says. "We don't have to resort to fighting." She draws a spell circle and suddenly a table and chairs appear along with a teapot and 3 mugs. "Tea?"

I glare at her and Zoe just shrugs her shoulders and pours herself a cup.

"Leave this place!" Amity says angrily and I look at her. My heart aches at the sight, she looks so scared, she keeps looking at me and Zoe frantically, I will help her.

Zoe takes a sip of her tea and gestures towards Amity. "Can't do that, got a job to do ya see."

"Why are you doing this?" I ask and Zoe takes another sip and raises an eyebrow at me.

"I'm confident I explained it to you thoroughly and i don't much feel like doing it again."

"I said LEAVE!" Amity screams as she throws her arms out and pink fire erupts from her towards me and Zoe. I jump onto the ground and throws my hands above my head to protect myself. Zoe on the other hand just raises her free hand while sipping from her mug again and the fire is effortlessly blocked.

"Amity please we're having a discussion, keep your anger in check." Zoe says cockily.

"Zoe stop this please." I beg her. "What you're doing is horrible."

"I'm fully aware of that human." She says with venom in her voice but then her tone softens. "But it's not like I have much of a choice."

I glance at Amity, who is still shaking but she looks at me and her golden eyes flicker before returning to completely black. "What do you mean you don't have a choice?" I ask Zoe.

The blue haired girl rolls her eyes. "The emperor chose me as his next successor." She explains. "And after what your damn mercenary friend pulled its not like he was ever going to let that happen again."

"Just run like Nick did." I retort but Zoe laughs coldly.

"You think he doesn't have a contingency plan this time?" She looks at me, her eyes emotionless and cold. "If I tried to run off her could just activate his spell and I'd be under his complete control." Zoe explains and continues as she sees my confused expression. "He placed a powerful spell on me when I was born. Two actually." She corrects her self. "With a click of a finger." She clicks her fingers as she says this. "He could either put me in a trance like state, or if that's too much effort I would just drop dead on the spot."

I gasp as she finishes. Zoe has no more control on what she does than Ed and Em did when they were under their parents control. Zoe only goes along with what the Emperor commands in order to survive. "Zoe we can help you." I say reaching my hand towards her but she just cackles crazily.

"Help?! Me?!" She keeps laughing and looks at me, a few tears in her eyes. "You moron, it's too late for me! If I want to survive I have to do whatever the Emperor wants."

Zoe stops laughing and looks at me dead in the eye with a serious expression. "And unfortunately for you." She snaps her fingers and the tea and table disappears and she points her index finger at me and draws a spell circle.

"I want to survive."

Nick POV
Well Lilith was on our side now. That's nice. Looking upon the site that awaited me at the bottom of the stairs was grim but it has a flicker of hope. Alador and Odalia were now horribly outnumbered and they were certainly drained. However at the same time so were most of us.

Still, the blight parents were looking around frantically, for the first time they were on the back foot and it was showing. Frustratingly however I was clearly in no condition to fight. The fact I had been able to throw that knife at Alador at all, let alone hit him, had been a miracle. And I believe I'm all out of them.