Ch. 10 House Visit

The room grew quiet as Raspberry tapped his desk. He looked over at the stuffed puppy. The puppy was now clean and had a bow around its neck. Raspberry was looking over at the pet, softly stroking it's soft ear.

"I deserve some respect here. I worked hard to be in the position I am today! I won't let some officer just come into my office and disrespect me..."

"I only give respect to those that deserve it. You were about to hit my partner....I won't allow that.", Edge shifted, leaning against the wall. He was really hoping to leave soon. Raspberry didn't deserve even a breath from Edge, much less his presence.

Raspberry suddenly froze. The tapping stopped as the corner of his mouth twitched. His pupils shifted around his desk, seemingly going from paper to paper, to his pen and back to the papers. His fists clenched as he swiftly stood up. The window slinged open as he looked outside.

"....How is Puff?"

"He's fine.", Edge clenched his hands into fists. He'll keep things short while they're on the topic of Puff. That bastard doesn't deserve anything other than a simple answer. He didn't like where this was going.

"So he's your lover now?"

"Yes.", While that wasn't completely true...he wasn't going to give Raspberry hope. Edge knew him and Puff needed to work things out however with the way things are going, they'll certainly be dating.

"I see... take care of him for me."

'I'll take much better care of him then what you ever did, asshole.', Edge thought,"Can we get back on track? Away from Puff, please. There are other things we can discuss."

"Why yes, of course!", Raspberry turned, a sickly sweet smile on his lips,"There is much trouble and things we can talk about. Petty stealing, arson, kidnapping.... downers. ", his voice sounded fake. They kind of fake where it had an undertone of venom and hate.

"Downers is a broad subject.... specifically what about them?"

"Well, you see, Edge... I'm not done talking about Puff.  Far...far from it actually. Now that we're on the subject of Debby downers I must bring up something.", he paced around the room," When you transferred here, a file came along here to be added into our records. A file of Puff, who is in your care? I'm not one to judge but I think maybe you shouldn't be falling in love with criminals.", He moved towards filing cabinets, running his finger along the many folders. He pulled out a folder with a bold stamp on it 'Downer Case'. He slammed the file down, his hands firmly gripping the desk, "I think maybe you should keep your emotions in check."

"First of all, he's been in my care for awhile. I've made improvements with Puff and he's back on his pills. One of the reasons I was excited to come in today was to clean Puff's record.", Edge's hand reached over to grab the file.

Raspberry's hand gripped around Edge's wrists, his nails digging in, "Oh no, we're not done talking. I think Puff needs a little more help. He didn't look too well when I last talked to him."

"What makes you think that? Puff recovered and he'll be fine. He's with me now, if anything happens to him I'll just be there to help him. I made sure Puff took his pills throughout the day.

"Throughout the day? Are you sure?", Raspberry pushed Edge's hand away, " When I was talking to him at the festival, his eyes looked normal like a downer. He was off of them Edge, I can't let you make changes to the file."

"Maybe if you didn't kidnap him and drag him into an alley he would've taken them! Hand over the file, I'll be making changes to it."

"No, I won't allow it. Puff will be transferred to the higher ups. Which means me. The way I see it, you have failed your duty as an officer and to rehabilitate Puff into taking Pills. With what I saw, Puff could easily turn into a downer again. I can't let that happen. Puff would be a danger to the public and to himself. If all else fails, I can just send Puff to the labs as a last resort. Perhaps he built up an immunity to joy pills if it wears off on him so quickly. They will take care of him.", A smirk curled upon Raspberry's lips. Edge couldn't allow Raspberry to get a hold of Puff. He couldn't allow that. If he lets Puff go, Puff will go through the same hell as he went through before, only this time nobody can help him. He would be stuck under Raspberry's boot to be 'rehabilitated'.