Ch.5 What A Leech...

A few hours have passed since then. A few long hours. Driving in the rain made Edge think about his decision. Edge didn't take Puff to the police station. Instead, he brought Puff to his home. Edge has never faced such a difficult downer. He had to be honest, Puff made his job more interesting. Though everything Puff did came with headaches. First he was hit in the stomach then kicked in the face. Then had to fight Puff in the mud.

Tik tok tik a clock tik away. 11:00...Edge couldn't believe it was so late already. He already showered and changed from his uniform to comfy clothing. Two hours ago he brought in puff, carrying him over his shoulder. He put Puff on the couch and cuffed his wrist to a nearby coffee table. After a quick examination, he tended to Puffs physical state.

The bruise left of Puff's cheek got darker,"Did I really hit you this hard...?", He mumbled to himself. Guilt was eating at him, however he shook his head to dismiss the thought.

'This was needed. You shouldn't feel guilty about this. Puff will learn sooner or later.', he thought. The bad feeling was pushed back, he had to focus on tending to Puff's wounds. Those horrid, bold, dark bruises.

His thumb softly touched over Puff's cheek, he'll have to add ice and bandage that in order to control the swelling. He lifted up Puff's shirt, checking the rest of his body. A few bruises but thankfully nothing severe.

He pulled away from Puff, getting an icepack and bandages. Going upstairs and into the restroom. He pulled out some bandages.

"There. This will at least protect the bruises...", Edge heard the couch creek from downstairs,'Puff must be awake now...'

Puff started to shift,"Mmng?", Puff slowly opened his eyes, looking around. Ringing was in his head as his eyes adjusted.

Before him was a nicely decorated home. The walls were white while the furniture was black. The shelves were decorated with small animal skulls, candles, and a few photos. The bookshelves were filled with cooking books, astrology, and various science themed books.

"Wow...at least he has tastes...", Puff shakes his head, there was still a faint ringing in his head.

"You're awake? I expected you to be out until morning.", Edge walked down the stairs and kneeled by Puff, looking him over.

"Well...you do have style.", Puff chuckled. Puff went to bring up his hand, however the chain clinked. He sits up, looking at his cuffed hand.

"If it wasn't obvious enough, you're at my house. You're not leaving anytime soon...", Edge reached over, pressing the cold ice pack on Puff's cheek. He grumbled to himself.

"You're house?", Puff tensed from the cold ice against his cheek.

It was soothing, the ice eased his aching bruise,"Why am I at your house? I thought you would've thrown me in a cell. Considering....I ran off and basically assaulted an officer.", Puff looked away. He couldn't look at Edge. He deserved a worst punishment after what he's done.

"Well...you see Puff, you've caught my attention.", He started. The ice was pulled away from Puff's cheek as he shifted.

"My job has been boring lately. I get called for backup, I come, I drag the troublemaker away. I shove them in a car, take them to the station. End of story.", His red eyes looked up for a moment with a smirk,"But you? It's not that easy. You got off easy with a house arrest. Then you're always fighting me about your pills. You ran away, pretty far towards the park. I'll be honest, I thought I lost you for awhile.", Edge continued to tend to Puff's wounds, icing up the bruises on his chest and spine.

Puff nodded, whimpering as each wound was cared for. His bruises sting and ache.

"However Puff...", Edge twitched and pressed harder on the bruises.