Ch.8 Fall festival

In the morning, the sun shined through the curtains, slowly lighting up the room. Birds tweeted and pecked at the window, quite annoyingly actually. Enough to wake up Edge. The skeleton groaned, slowly opening his eyes and stretching, a few bones popping.

Snap, crackle, pop

A grunt of satisfaction came from him as he sank back into the bed. From only having a few drinks last night,he felt a horrible headache. It almost felt like it was pulsing, he shouldn't have had any alcohol. He never felt good afterwards. Yet... he does it again and again every now and then. It is such a stupid, stupid habit. He knows what will happen but...sometimes the thought of alcohol is tempting.

Edge tried to shift away but noticed arms wrapped around him,"The hell?", He muttered. He looked over his shoulder to see Puff pressed against Edge's back. Puff looked...so innocent as he slept. An occasional twitch came from the other. Edge bit his lip, unsure if he should move or stay still to let the other rest. They did have a long night...does Puff need to rest longer? Or is it okay to move him now?

Puff was snoring lightly, occasionally nuzzling up to Edge. He shifted, pulling himself closer to Edge. It was all too cute for Edge to handle, he liked it. The smaller skeleton looked cozy and warm. However all good things have to come to an end.

Edge reached over, lightly shaking Puff's shoulder,"Hey, Puffy wake up...", The other slowly opened their eyes, clearly not wanting to move. He shook his head and buried his face into Edge's back.

"Noo please... I don't want to move ,I'm so warm~", Puff closed his eyes again as he tried to go back to sleep. He relaxed into the bed again as he curled up.

"Puff no, get up please. We shouldn't sleep in all day. Even after yesterday. Besides, I want to take a shower and change... I feel gross and need to wake up." , The other only shook his head again. Edge was really hoping Puff wouldn't fight him. He shifted, lightly pushing Puff off and getting up.

Puff's weak grip in his half asleep state made it easy for Edge to get away. The warmth that Puff loved was gone. He sighed and closed his eyes, hearing Edge walk around the room. Then silence. Puff mumbled to himself, pulling the blankets over him as he fell asleep again.

Meanwhile, Edge carried some clothes into the bathroom. He found some in the closet, hopefully it will fit him. But that wasn't exactly as important as what was on his mind. He entered the shower, warm water covering him as he thought to himself.

He fucked up. Showing others your feelings is a sign of weakness, at least that's what his dad taught him. He bit his finger as he closed his eyes. His dad was always wrong. Maybe he was wrong about emotions too. After all, he did mask his emotions behind pills. Stupid little joy pills that barley worked for him. At this point even with the highest dosage he can't feel anything other than a slight tingle.

He shakes his head, even though Edge is an overall asshole, rude, and snappy....he somehow managed to fall in love with someone the exact opposite. Someone sweet and definitely brave. Maybe... someone who can handle him? He closed his eyes at the stupid thought, how pathetic. He really is stupid. How can anyone love him after what he's done.

He's an awful cop, he's been aggressive to Puff and he's just fucked up in general that no amount of joy pills can help. Not to mention all the scare tactics he used on Puff. Threatening, cursing, and intimidation.

'Face it Edge...you're never going to find someone with the way you're going. Most of it is your fault too.', he thought to himself. He washed his bones, staring at his feet. He's...in a better place now isn't he? He doesn't have to act as aggressive in his district now that he's here. A thought goes across his mind,'Maybe I can go a little easy on Puff? Just for today.', he finished cleaning and stepped out, drying and putting on clothes.