Ch.3 the runaway

(warning: mention of abuse in this chapter))

The next day, Edge came by again. However throughout the whole day Puff refused to take his pills. Arguments between the two became bitter and sour.

Now that puff has seen what the world was like without pills, during that time he came to be interested. There was a huge difference being on and off the pills. On them, the colors were brighter and almost... too cheery. The world looked nice and all but, everything looked so... strained. The people Puff used to pass by looked as if they had strained smiles. Some all most acting as if forcing the cheery attitude. Similar to how the secretary at the police office acted.

When Puff was off the pills...the colors were darker. The streets weren't as colorful as they looked and clothing didn't pop out like usual. His own house looked dimer too. Puff actually liked being off his pills. Yes, it gave him mood swings and made him a little pissy but he's been on these pills for almost his whole life. He's almost... addicted to the happy high feeling. He never realized how sickening it felt to stuff yourself full of pills until your mind is foggy.

Puff was conflicted. One part of him wants to continue taking the pills so things can go back to normal. The other part wanted to see what the real world was really like. Most of his life he's always been told all his problems would be wiped away with one pill. However, he still had daily stress, his crappy house, the worry his house might be robbed in this crappy neighborhood and this cop up his ass.

Guess those 'special little joy pills' everyone loved only masked those problems people would usually face daily.

"Hey puffball!! Are you even fucking listening to me?!", Edge's voice interrupted Puff's thoughts.

"No I wasn't listening. I don't want these pills anymore Edge, something is just off."

"If you don't take these pills I will force them down your throat. That is a promise!"

"I'm not taking them! There is a completely different world out there then what we're told! These pills don't even...even help us with anything! Just mask the problem!"

"You're delusional. Everything will go back to normal once you're on a regular pill schedule. Now take the joy!", Edge hands were shaking. In one hand he held a pink little pill, the other was the pill bottle.

Puff sinks into the couch, glaring at the pill in edges hand,"It won't! The colors are too bright and blinding to me! I like the colors much darker like this when I'm off that!"

Edge twitch, his patience clearly running thin,"If you don't put this in your mouth within the next minute, I'm pinning you down and forcing this down your throat. I don't care if you choke. You are making this much more difficult then what it needs to be.", His red eyes shined. They almost glowed as his pinprick pupils dilated.

Puff shook his head, then covered his mouth. He flinched once Edge pressed against puff, harshly grabbing Puff's wrists.

"This WASN'T a request!! Now open your mouth!"

"Mm-mm!!", Puff shakes his head,"Get off of me!", His hands pushed against Edges chest, trying to shove him off. However puff had a bit of a disadvantage. Edge was bigger and much stronger than puff.

Before he knew it Puff he was pinned onto the couch, both of his wrists above his head.

Puff shook, almost crying. Not because he's forced to take a pill but because this position he was in triggered some bad memories. Puff looked away, closing his eyes shut as orange tinted tears gathered at the corner of his eyes. He wanted to move, get out of this position. He didn't want to get hurt not again,not again!