Ch.9 Rotten To The Core

"Now then...I told you I appear in the most unlikely places, pet. Now that we're alone...why don't we talk like adults.", the hand moved away from Puff's mouth, moving towards his neck instead. It lightly rested on his neck, not yet squeezing or harshly griping. Puff was shaking against the wall, pressing against it.He wanted to move away, run, scream for help. However nobody would ever hear him, at least not over the loud music and giddy laughter outside. 

Raspberry smirked and examined the other," Your brother had quite the reaction the last time I talked to you. Very protective but also mouthy...and I don't like disrespectful, mouthy, rude little brats."

"Don't you dare speak to him like that! I love him with all my heart and I will never tolerate such negative talk towards him!", Puff glared, holding Raspberry's wrist in an attempt to move his hand away from his neck.

"Don't fucking fight me here, Puff. Moving on...I noticed that bruise on your face is at least starting to heal. It looks so much better than before...that pretty little face needs to look perfect if you're ever going to get someone.", he rubbed Puff's cheek with low a growl. That tone...he always used that damn tone to objectify Puff. To degrade him and tear down his worth.

"Puff...It's nice to see you again. You haven't changed all that much and lately I've been thinking about you since I saw you again."

'Get off of me...' Puff was shaking and glanced down the alley. Edge should be looking for him now right? Puff was surely gone longer than five minutes. He needed some hope to hold onto, anything to keep sane in this situation! He wanted to cry and hide, however he feared if he shed even a single tear the situation would escalate. 

" You've obviously been through some rough times. You look close to exhaustion and down on luck..."

"What's the point you're trying to make?", Puff's tone came out more hostile and snappy then what he meant to. Before he realized his mistake, he was slammed into the brick wall, the hand on his neck tightening.

"Don't you DARE  talk to me like that, pet! I don't appreciate your tone or such hostile attitude. Your lucky being slammed into that wall is all I'll do! Snap at me again and I'll make that bruise on your cheek a lot worse!", Raspberry kept his tight grip on Puff for a moment while Puff coughed and gasped for air.

"M-Mercy! Please!!", Puff felt his heart pounding as he tried to breathe. He needed air now, his vision was getting a little blurry. His head was aching and his grip on Raspberry's wrist was weak. Finally Raspberry lets go and stepped back, watching Puff fall to his knees. Puff was gasping for air, coughing and holding his aching neck. It felt so nice to finally take in a breath of air. 

Raspberry crossed his arms, watching then looking away, "I don't want to do this to you...I hate putting my hands on you like that."

"Then why...?", Puff's voice was raspy as he looked up, panting ,"Then why did you always do such cruel acts to me?"

"I had to train you somehow. In our relationship , I liked you much, much better when you were submissive, quiet, and never talked back. Obviously while you've been away you lost those traits. I suppose I'll have to retrain you."

"Retrain...? Do you think we're still together?! Even after I ran away and stayed away for years?"

Raspberry paused for a moment, biting his lip and turning away, "I like to think that we were on pause....because nobody else would ever want you. Nobody could ever deal with that bratty attitude or the little mouth of yours. You only have me...and I know what's best for my pet."

"You're wrong...someone will take me and certainly treat me much better. Instead of breaking out into fights they would talk to me!"

"That could happen perhaps but, what if you get someone worse? What will you do then? That risk is too great to take. We're straying away from the topic I came to talk about...", he turned back towards Puff. Kneeling down, his hand tilts Puff's head up. Puff got scared and looked away, closing his eyes.