Chapter 8

~A~

The moment that Sang and North walked out the door and everyone started talking at once. Mr. Blackbourne shifted back and put on a pair of sweats that Dr. Green tossed to him. Mr. Blackbourne forced his mind away from the girl that just walked out of his house and turned his focus onto the storm brewing in his home.

"Enough!" He roared. "Mr. Lee, report."

The room quieted and all eyes turned to Kota. The silence was only interrupted by the sound of Luke opening his candy bar. Mr. Blackbourne gave him a look, and he quickly stuffed the chocolate into his mouth. Kota grunted, sitting up straighter in his seat. He wasn't sure where to start. They had a lot to cover and most of it revolved around her. The pretty little blonde who lived a few houses down from him. He and Nathan had spotted her the moment they moved in. Kota had even tried to approach her a few times, but she always seemed to run off before he could approach her. There was one thing that they needed to clear up first and that was with Mr. Blackbourne.

"Why didn't you tell us what was going on with your wolf?" Kota asked.

Born shifters are quite different than the bitten. Those who are born with an animal are more volatile. Their animals can consume them. They seem to almost have a separate conscious. Mr. Blackbourne's need for control came from his upbringing. The things that happened with his family made his wolf wilder and nearly uncontrollable. It doesn't help that Mr. Blackbourne is an Alpha. If he isn't careful, he could lose himself to the wolf.

The shifters who are bitten, don't have the same issues. When they shift, it's just them. Their wolves are a separate being in the same body. However, they still have to be careful. Their emotions can still force a shift. North and Gabriel struggled with that the most.

Mr. Blackbourne used his index finger to slide his glasses up the bridge of his nose. "We thought that we had it handled. I hadn't fathomed that instead of hunting deer my wolf had been hunting that girl."

Dr. Green laid a hand on his friend's shoulder, "we thought that his wolf was acting out because he hadn't been shifting as much as usual. We've all been a little busy."

"Instead, your wolf was going after the girl that he thought was his mate," Kota stated. "How does your wolf know if she doesn't have a scent?"

Mr. Blackbourne looked lost for a moment. "I'm not sure. Sang is a beautiful girl and there is something in her that calls to the beast in me. I don't remember having seen her before I woke up with her next to me, but my wolf was extremely pleased to see our bite on her shoulder with her smelling like us."

"We can't tell the council about her," Kota said. He didn't think that the Academy council would take too kindly to Mr. Blackbourne's wolf biting humans at random.

Mr. Blackbourne was taken aback. He had the utmost faith in the Academy. They took him in after his father had gone rogue. Dr. Roberts had been the only councilman who hadn't been concerned about raising the Alpha son of a rogue wolf. He's been with the Academy since he was a child. He and Dr. Green both.

"I have to agree with him," Dr. Green said. "She's struggling already. If we tell them about her, then they'll want to meet her and she's not ready for that."

Kota shook his head, "I don't think we should let the Academy find out about her. Period. We don't know anything about her. Nathan and I know that she keeps to herself and that there's usually a lot of yelling coming from her house."

Mr. Blackbourne inclined his head, "we'll be doing something about that tonight. I plan to have Mr. Morgan do some research."

"I also don't think that you should tell her that you think she's your mate." Kota was always perceptive.

ShiftOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara