Chapter 13

Sorry that this one is a bit short. The next chapter should be a bit longer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What the fuck was that?" I turned around to see the blond man from earlier, only I was sure that this wasn't the same man. They had the same looks the blond hair and tan skin, but this one's eyes were darker, sullen. His voice wasn't the appealing one that I'd heard earlier, this man's was deeper.

I had forgotten that they were there. Heat rushed to my cheeks and my finger pressed into my lip. What did I do? I chose to stay with a group of men that I had never met before today over staying with Owen. I had been confident in that decision when I told Owen that, but now looking at these men that I know nothing about was quite intimidating.

My eyes roved over the men, pausing on another one that I didn't know. He was the shortest one of the group, but still much taller than me. His hair is a soft brown, longer on the top but brushed to the side. He had one blue eye and one green eye. They were mesmerizing. His build reminded me of Nathan, broad shoulders and muscular. His cheekbones are sculpted, and he has an angular chin. I couldn't help but notice how all these guys, both Blackbourne and Toma, were good-looking. They could all be models.

My eyes drifted toward the man standing behind Raven then quickly flicked toward the other blond. They were twins! I wanted to smack myself for thinking that there was an imposter. The blond next to Raven was brighter, mainly his eyes and the way he smiled. The other blond reminded me of North with the way he dressed, wearing dark clothes.

I approached the brighter twin and offered him a small smile. "Thank you for helping me. Although, I could have done without the scary bear." I eyed Raven who stuck his bottom lip out in a pout.

The blond smiled at me, but a grunt from my left drew my attention back to the twin. He tipped his chin at me, "how'd you know that Corey was the one that helped you? He's wearing different clothes now."

My eyes went back to Corey, he was indeed wearing a different shirt. This one was a plain bright yellow t-shirt. Definitely the brighter twin. I shrugged my shoulders. "You guys may look alike but your differences are quite obvious. Your voice and eyes being the main differences."

He opened his mouth to reply, but Axel cut him off. "I should introduce my pack members then we should get you to bed." He moved to my side. "The twins are Brandon and Corey Henshaw. Next to Brandon is Marc Weiland, and you already met Raven Ravenstahl."

"Da, Malen'kiy volk (little wolf), and I got well-known." Raven grinned, sending me a wink.

"Acquainted." Corey corrected gently. Raven shrugged his shoulders and said, "same."

A small giggle escaped my lips and Raven puffed his chest out like a peacock. Glancing over at Axel I found him rolling his eyes. This group of men didn't seem as uptight as the boys. Axel has that same authoritative air that Owen does. And I cannot quite tell who reminds me more of North; Raven or Brandon.

"Sang, we'll talk more in the morning if you're feeling up to it. For now, I think you need to get some sleep." Axel said.

I wasn't going to argue with him. I did want to sleep. I'm not sure how I'd feel about the talking part in the morning though. I definitely wasn't looking forward to the inquisition I could see forming in Owen's eyes.

"She can take my room. I'll stay with Raven." Corey offered with a gentle smile.

I shook my head. I wasn't very comfortable staying in one of their rooms. I did not know them that well. "I can sleep on the couch."