Chapter 16

North's wolf

Thank you @WonderNotLost for catching my mistake. I had a portion of this chapter written before I had chapter 12 completed. I did go back and change the part in chapter 12 where Sean checks her for a chip.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Owen and Axel talked quietly to their packs. Everyone dispersed leaving me with just Axel and Owen. I couldn't help but laugh a little when I saw that Kota was the first one out the door. He fled like a little bunny rabbit. My amusement left me when I saw that the two Alphas were watching me.

"You're going to have to do something about him," Axel said.

Owen's sharp eyes narrowed on the other Alpha. "Mr. Toma, you don't know the half of it."

"Don't I?" He raised a brow. "North came by and filled me in. He told me that Kota shoved her and told her to stay away from your pack."

My eyes widened. Oh. So, he didn't tell them everything. If North wanted to kill him for pushing me; then how would he react when he found out that Kota threatened to end me if I didn't stay away. Even more worrisome, how was Owen going to react?

"Sang?" Owen was watching me. "Did something else happen with Mr. Lee?"

Uh, I plead the fifth? I shook my head. Oh, that wall looks interesting. Don't pay any attention to me. I'm just going to go crawl into a hole.

Owen unbuttoned his suit jacket and took a seat next to me. He pulled my hand from my lip and held it. I wanted to glare at the offending appendage. How dare my nervous habit give me away.

"Sang, I need you to tell me everything. Please." His voice was quiet and soft. It wasn't fair at all.

I looked at Axel. He brought his hand to his mouth to cover his smirk a second too late. I saw it. What a traitor. He was supposed to be on my side.

I focused back on the wall. "He came to my house demanding to know if my 'father' told me to get close to your pack. I had no idea what he was talking about. He told me to stay away from you and the others, then he shoved me away from him."

Owen gently gripped my chin, turning my head until I was looking at him. "Everything Sang."

I swallowed hard. "He said that you never wanted to see me again. And that if he ever saw me around you, he would end me. I assumed that meant he'd kill me."

"But you weren't scared of him? You're still around us." I could tell by the way he clenched his jaw that it was taking some effort for him to remain calm.

I shook my head. "No, I was scared of him. I didn't have much choice though. North and Luke wouldn't have let me stay away." I pulled my chin away from him. "After being in that lab, dying by Kota's hand seems like a more pleasant way to go."

Both Alphas growled. "You aren't going to die."

I put my hands up in surrender. "I'm sorry."

"Sang, there's something else that we need to do." Axel moved closer to us, his eyes moving between Owen and me. "We need to see if they put a tracking chip in you."

Owen pulled a small device from his pocket. "Is that okay?"

"Yes." I hadn't even thought about a tracking device. They would already know where we are if I had one in me.

Axel saw the concern on my face. "You're safe here. Corey created a program that scrambles any GPS data on our land. You were safe before you saw Corey and Raven."