Chapter 6

Sang

Happy Tuesday everyone!

I apologize for not getting this posted sooner, but I got a tad busy between work and outlining for NaNoWriMo. I hope you enjoy this chapter. Thank you again for reading and your comments!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I couldn't even process what was happening. One minute the boys were laughing at me, and the next I was sitting in the front passenger seat of Victor's BMW. Luke and Gabriel were jabbering away in the backseat. Victor was flipping through the radio.

"Will this put you to sleep?" He asked.

I tipped my head to the side to hear the music over the two in the back. I felt my lips tip up in a smile as the classical song washed over me. I raised my eyes to Victor's face. His brow was cocked as he waited for my response.

"I like Summer, but Winter is my favorite."

His eyes were blazing as he looked at me, "you know Vivaldi?"

Nodding, I said, "Yes. I like a lot of different types of music, but classical is my favorite."

A dark rumble filled the vehicle, and Victor's hands twisted on the wheel. The back of the vehicle became suspiciously quiet. As silence descended on the vehicle, I leaned my head against the window. The glass was warmed by the sunlight. It felt almost too warm on my skin. My body seemed to run a little hotter today. I had thought that it may have been from my body trying to heal my injury, but after this morning I couldn't help wondering if it was something else.

A dramatic gasp came from the backseat. "Oh, my fucking god. Your hair."

I turned to look between the seats to see what Gabriel was talking about. I flinched when I saw his eyes were locked on me. Or more specifically, my hair. My hand reached up to twist a few of the strands. Were the ends uneven? I've been cutting my hair for a long time, but the shorter I try to cut it the worse it looks. I usually just trim my ends which is why my hair falls below my shoulders.

"What's wrong with it?" I hated how timid my voice was. A part of me wanted to be angry that he was about to insult my hair.

"Is that your natural hair color?" Gabriel shook his head, "of course it is. No one can achieve that color?"

I look at the hair that was wrapped around my fingers. "It's just dirty blonde."

He groaned, "No. That is not dirty blonde. There are different shades of blonde with red mixed in. When the sun hits your hair, it shines red." Crystal blue eyes drifted over my hair. "You have chameleon hair."

I blinked at him. Did my hair really look like that? To me, it just looked the same dirty blonde that it has always been. I looked at Luke, who was staring at me, or rather through me. His eyes had taken on a distant look.

"Don't let anyone else touch your hair. It's mine now." Gabriel narrowed his eyes at me.

Victor groaned from beside me, "Gabriel you can't claim her hair as yours. It's her hair."

"But if anyone else touches it, they'll fuck it up," he whined. Gabriel eyed Luke suspiciously.

"I'm the only one who has ever cut my hair," I said, trying to break whatever tension that was starting to begin.

His eyes wandered over my hair before he nodded, "You cut it evenly. If you'll let me, I'd love to cut it. it would look great with face-framing and maybe some bangs.