Author's Note

Hello everyone, I'm a little stumped as to which way I want to go with this story. I'm not sure if I want to speed it up a bit or draw it out. So, I have two versions of Chapter 7 that I've been working on. I'm going to include an excerpt for each version, please comment on which version you are most interested in.

Thank you!!!!

Chapter 7, Version 1:

"If you don't stop, Mr. Blackbourne will come for you." He said that like it was supposed to make me listen.

I didn't feel much like seeing Mr. Blackbourne either. They were keeping secrets. Something was happening to me. I growled now. Like a dog. No, like a wolf. Like the one who bit me. The bite that mysteriously healed in a few days and made me act odd around Mr. Blackbourne. He had something to do with it all.

I picked up my pace. They could send Mr. Blackbourne. I didn't care. I wanted to go home. Although, I am hopelessly lost right now. I don't know what direction home was in or how far. I cursed myself for not paying attention when they brought me here.

Something hard hit me from the side, the impact knocked the air out of my lungs. I expected to hit the ground hard. Instead, the strong pair of arms that wrapped around me flipped us over and my landing was softened by a hard chest. Spring soap had me stiffening. Mr. Blackbourne, of course.

Chapter 7, Version 2:

Gabriel reeled back, "what the fuck? We'd never hurt her."

"Calm down, Gabe. Silas didn't mean it like that." Luke tried to quell Gabriel's ire.

North chuckled as Silas tucked me into his side. He radiated heat and comfort. "You're wrong. She's confused and scared. Sang asked if she could go home. North said he'd take her. I think that she was afraid that you all would try to stop her. So, we offered her safety."

A snort came from across the room. The redhead, Nathan, seemed to find something particularly funny. "The two of you couldn't win against all of us."

My eyes widened. There was something off about him. How had I wound up at his house? Did he do something to me? How did he even find me in the woods? I slid behind North, fisting my hands in his shirt.