Chapter 18

At Dinner, Marc was sulking and shooting Kota glares from across the table. Kota pointedly ignored everyone aside from Nathan. The apartment felt too small with all fifteen of us in it. I sat squished between Owen and Axel. They radiated so much heat that I was starting to sweat. It didn't help any that my skin felt tight and scratchy. I wasn't the only one being crowded, though.

Silas and North had Luke stuck between them. He didn't look pleased about it either. He scowled at them between the looks of longing that he sent my way. It hadn't taken me long to realize that this had something to do with earlier. They were purposefully keeping Luke and me apart. As soon as I had selected a dinner menu, Owen strode out the door only to return a few minutes later. A part of me wondered if he had said something to Luke.

Brown eyes met mine and winked. A soft growl left my throat as Luke tipped his head to the side, baring the skin of his neck; Owen placed a warm hand on my thigh as if that was going to keep me in my seat. North swatted him on the back of the head. My jaw ached again. I shook my head, trying to fight it off.

It was strange having these urges that weren't necessarily mine. My emotions seemed to be everywhere, and it was entirely new for me. Before these guys, I'd never had the urge to bite people. I didn't really like it. Owen didn't seem to like it either. Is there something wrong with me?

I smelled lavender just before a cool hand touched the side of my throat. I looked up at Sean. He wore a sympathetic smile on his face, holding his hand out to me. "Will you come with me for a moment?"

Slipping my hand into his, I followed him into Axel's bedroom. Unsure of what he wanted, I chose to stare at his purple polo shirt. Sean's hands cupped my jaw, tipping my head back so that I was looking at him. Those green eyes soothed that part of me that took comfort in his presence. His lips pressed softly against mine before he pulled back.

Sean's warm breath brushed against my face, "it's overwhelming, isn't it?"

My chin wobbled. He crowded me, pressing our fronts together. The heat from his body made me shiver. I couldn't speak, not that I even had the words. Sean's eyes had a twinkle in them, much like Luke when he's up to no good.

"Not up to talking?" He asked, "we don't have to talk then."

His lips met mine with more urgency this time. His teeth tugged on my bottom lip, forcing a gasp from my lips. His tongue swept into my mouth, and everything around me was lost. Sean was my sole focus. One of his hands slipped to the back of my head, gripping my hair. His free arm wrapped around my waist as he hauled me against him.

I mimicked his movements. My skin broke out in goosebumps as I raised up on my tippy toes. He wasn't the only one who wanted to be closer. His lips left mine, brushing kisses down my jaw to my neck. My head fell back as I tried to catch my breath. I wanted more of him. My heart raced in my chest. My ears were ringing, and white sparks flooded my vision. Dragging his head back up, my lips claimed his. A soft moan left his lips.

The door behind me opened, a guttural growl left my throat as I spun around, baring my teeth at whoever was interrupting us. An arm wrapped around my waist, hauling me backward. Soft kisses were placed behind my ear. My eyes focused on the tense man before me. His eyes were liquid silver. He stepped further into the room, closing the door behind him.

"Sean," the warning in his voice was unmistakable. Owen moved closer to us with careful steps. I was no longer sure if I was the predator or the prey. "She's overwhelmed, Sean. You need to let go of her. Slowly."

My lips curled into a silent snarl, and I launched myself at him. Owen caught me against his chest and took the brunt of the fall before rolling us over until he hovered over me. His face blank as he stared me down, but those gray orbs swirled with something dark and primal. As if my body had a mind of its own, I jolted forward. My teeth bit into the skin on his neck that was exposed. Owen grunted. His body pressed down on mine as his teeth found his bite mark. Teeth clamped down on the sensitive skin, using just enough pressure to prevent drawing blood.