Chapter 1

Today was your first day of your junior year at Maria high school and things were already awkward.

When you walked into school you saw your ex standing there in the hallway with your friend Marco. "Hey (y/n)" he said as he smirked staring at you. "Hey Jean, hey Marco" you said as you walked passed them to get to your first class.

When you walked into your class you saw your friend Armin sitting there reading one of his books. "Yo Armin" you said making him look up from his book he smiled and waved for you to come over. He was sitting the back per usual. When you got over there you sat next to Armin. He began to explain what he was reading. It had something to do with philosophy. "Wow your really into this aren't you?" You said while looking at him. He looked up from the book smiled and nodded.

More people came into the classroom so you left Armin alone and kept to yourself doodling on a piece of paper. Then Mikasa came in and she scoffed at you. She always disliked you and you never understood why. Once Armin saw her, he got up and moved. You weren't offended by this since you know they were close then you and him were so this was normal.

Class then started and as your teacher was taking roll you sat there in boredom thinking about how this class is gonna be so lonely. Until you hear someone walking outside the classroom door. When the door opened everyone turned to see who was this late to class on the first day and when you turn to look you see none other than your best friend eren. "Mr. Yeager your late pls take a seat next to Ms. (L/N)" your teacher told him "yeah sorry about that" eren said as he came to sit next to you. When he sat down he winked and handed you a iced coffee and grabbed his own "the line today was sooooo long" he said. You laughed at how he was late because he went to buy you both coffee.

Eren would always buy you coffee and give it to you everyday for school but whenever you offer to pay him back he would always say "your smile is enough payment" and today was no difference. "Can I pls pay you back?" You asked "nope" he grinned and since you heard it so many times now you said it in a mocking tone with him "your smile is enough payment" you both say. He laughed at how terrible your impression of him was. "I don't even sound like that" he said still laughing. "Yes you do-" before you could finish your teacher says "Ms. (L/N) pls quiet down" you say Eren smirk and say  "hahah you got in troub-" and before he could finish your teacher said "you too Mr Yeager" you chuckled at this and he also chuckled.

After that your teacher continued his lesson and mikasa turned around and glared at you then softened her face and smiled at Eren and waved at him. Eren just look at you and rolled his eyes sarcastically.

After that class was over you looked at Eren and said "hey I think I left something in that class I'm gonna run back and grab it" but before you could turn around Eren said "it's all good I'll grab it" and before you could object he began to spirt down the hallway ignoring all the teachers telling him to slow down.

And so you stood there waiting for him until Mikasa came up to you. "Oh hey Mikasa" you said "don't hat Mikasa me, leave Eren alone you always get in trouble" you were in shock because this was the first time she hadn't tried to sugarcoat it so it didn't seem too offensive. As you were respond back you hear someone behind you say "Mikasa leave her along she didn't do anything if anything I got her in trouble" you turned around and saw Eren behind you. Mikasa turned red and said "Eren but she was the one who got you in trouble and it's not just now it's always to you only get in trouble when your with her" she scoffed at you when she finished. Eren the rested his head on top of yours (since he is taller than you). And said "Mikasa did you ever stop to think that I never act out with you because your boring" she became very offended by this and ran off.

"Don't you think you were being a little harsh?" You said he looked back at you and said "nope I know she has been acting rude to you for a while now and it's about time she stops don't talk think?" You knew that he was just trying to not cause many fights but he didn't have to be as rude as he was. And if you wanted to admit it or not at one time or another you've wanted to tell her that too.