Different Views.

(This is me, attempting to write not crackshit, but here goes)

Blocky's legs were crossed tightly together, so tight that they were starting to hurt, but he honestly didn't care, he had a lot to think about. The words echoed in his mind.

"Oh? So you like Basketball? That's interesting."

"You wanna adopt Grassy? Buddy, go to talk to Basketball or whatever"

"Blocky, it's okay to admit that you like Basketball!"

Blocky slammed his fists against the table, staring at the wood. He DIDN'T like Basketball, sometimes he HATED her, sometimes he wanted the recovery centers to be back online just so he could pull a Bubble or an Ice Cube on her. This wasn't about Basketball, IT WAS NEVER ABOUT Basketball. 

It was about Grassy, God Dammit.

Ever since BFDIA, when he was flung off into the TLC, never to be seen again with the other idiots, he had been filled with a horrible rage. Most of the contestants were, they wanted out. He remembered clearly, some days he would sulk in silence, and other days he would bash against the thick metal walls with Snowball, screaming until his vocal cords went horse and his arms felt like they would fall off. In BFDI, there was a chance of them being able to rejoin and see daylight again, but here? They would be trapped for a whole season, years of this metal box. Eventually, most of the contestants gave up, realizing there wasn't a way out of here, and eventually, Blocky did too. It went on for a while, hopeless small talk in an attempt to make the best out of the void box, but it was one of those later days that was special. Even though, they couldn't tell what time it was, it had to be Winter because the cold had seeped into the box, and quite a few objects fell ill. As he had started to fall asleep, small hands woke him up.

"Excuse me, do you think you could help me?"

"Kid, what do you want?"

"Basketball isn't feeling well, and Grassy needs help!"

"Sigh, Alright, i'm up."

Blocky's begrudgingly helpful act towards Grassy allowed opened up a one sided friendship, with Grassy coming to Blocky many times after, either to ask for help or just hang out. Blocky eventually opened up to Grassy, and they got much closer. The highlight of it all was when the lock finally broke on the TLC, and the many other contestants were free. Blocky could name so many things to remember from that day.

The warm sun on his face

The cool breeze

The actual texture he felt

The way Grassy's face just lit up.

Ever since then, Blocky had made one of his missions to protect Grassy, and make sure Grassy had a good life, which eventually lead to him wanting to adopt Grassy, but now we're back to the basketball stuff.

Blocky saw out of the corner of his eye two silhouettes, and he relaxed a bit. Pen and Eraser had been by his side ever since he told them his plan to adopt Grassy. They understood what he was dealing with, and even if they couldn't relate to some of it (Hey, he wasn't going to complain about them being gay, he was happy for them), they still sat down and wanted to talk about it.

"Hey man, you look really tense, what's up?"

"...It's Basketball.."

Pen sighed, "she's bothering you again, huh?". Blocky nodded.

Pen scooted a little closer to Eraser, "did she make some off hand comment about Grassy hanging out with you too much? She does that a lot."

"No, it's...", Blocky's voice went to a mumble, he was usually much more confident about these things, "...I wanted to adopt Grassy..."

"Blocky, you're mumbling."

He sighed, "I want to adopt Grassy, okay?"

Pen and Eraser both lit up, they would never really expect Blocky to be the kid type, but they had spent most of their time together in the TLC, so they hadn't really seen him with Grassy much.

"Man, that's great! Why is Basketball involved in this though?"

"She's not supposed too! It was just supposed to be me and Grassy in the idea, but everyone keeps bringing up Basketball just because she hangs out with him the most! What's her deal?"

Pen and Eraser exchanged glances, guessing that he was unaware of Basketball's relationship to Grassy.

"Blocky, you do know that Basketball is Grassy's legal caretaker, right?"

"Wha-"

"Yeah, that's probably why everyone is assuming you like Basketball."

This caught Blocky off guard. How would he even adopt Grassy if Basketball had taken that role?

"B-But I can't...I'm not.."

"Dude, calm down, you can still adopt Grassy."

"HOW? You just said Basketball was his caretaker!"

"You could make an agreement to co-parent!"

Why hadn't he thought of that. He had made this entire fuss about not wanting to be associated with Basketball that he had forgotten who this was about.

It was about Grassy, God dammit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Blocky's hearbeat echoed in his mind as he walked up to the rest of the group. Tennis Ball and 8-Ball were playing around with Grassy. Basketball turned to him, and an annoyed look quickly spread across her round face.

"Hey Blocky."

"Basketball, I need to talk to you privately"

"Why?"

"I'll tell you in private, I just don't want Grassy to hear right now"

Basketball sighed and followed him into the woods.

"Alright, we're in private, now what is this all about?"

"I want to adopt Grassy."

"Blocky, you know I'm already-"

"I know, I know. But I wanted to bring this idea up"

"...Well, what's the idea?"

"I think we should co-parent."

A blush spread across Basketball's face.

"Blocky, I thought you weren't interested in me?"

"I'm not! But it's the best option, I guess."

A silence spread between the two. Blocky leaned against a nearby tree, arms crossed, as Basketball looked towards the forest opening.

Basketball sighed, "well, I feel a little off about this decision, but.."

"You have been really great with Grassy, and he looks up to you."

"So while I can't make anything official right now, I think we could work something out."

Blocky looked up at Basketball, and a small smile formed on his face, "thanks."

Basketball started moving towards the group, "come on, TV's trying to find the best movies"

This...went better than expected.

Blocky felt like a weight had been lifted.

The End