NEVER BE ME

Disclaimer:
I don't own the song, that's curtesy to the queen who is Miley Cyrus

I know I do this every time
I walk the line, I play with fire

Natasha had left again for another mission, she hasn't told you, instead leaving Clint to pick up the pieces of you she shattered every time she did this. It happened more frequently than either of you would like. She didn't mean to hurt you, she was just insecure.

And I stop myself before the crime
I walk the line, yeah, I play with fire

Whenever she did however, it proved as a sufficient motivator. She felt bad every time and worked extra hard on missions. Afterwards she always came straight back and cooked dinner, then allowed you to watch films all night, just the two of you cuddled up on the couch.

I don't wanna push you way too much
I don't wanna lean that way too far
I don't wanna ever learn the hard way

She had up and down days. She had extreme highs and lows. It was scary, sometimes she'd start to distance herself from you. She'd push you away but eventually she always came back because you were special and she didn't want to regret loosing you.

But if you're looking for stable, that'll never be me
If you're looking for faithful, that'll never be me
If you're looking for someone to be all that you need

Deep down though, she knew she wasn't what you needed; she knew that she was toxic for you. If there was anything she could do to prevent you from being hurt, then she'd do it.
Even if that meant she had to leave, because she wasn't good enough and so she the vomir take her soul because she was worried if she didn't take the chance to leave then she never would. And she didn't want to hurt you.
So she left.

That'll never be me
(Hard as I try)
That'll never be me
(I play with fire)