TO THE AFTERLIFE

tw: su/c/de

She sobbed on the ground, her hands which were lathered in cuts and littered with bruises were clutched to the space she once felt her steady heartbeat. The ground beneath shook, as if joining her in shedding tears. A colossal wave of sorrow flooding the world.

Twice now, Clint had tried to pry her up and make her stand. However, just the notion seemed impossible now. If even felt sinful to continue living when Natasha couldn't.

Her ethereal beauty, her warming laugh that slipped so easily from her rose lips, her eyes that sparkled with every beautiful shade of green and when placed upon y/n felt like the touch of goddesses.

Cold. Dark. Empty.

She couldn't breathe without Natasha, just living was hard. The sky around her and rubble below her felt the same; equally as dense and heavy.

Deep down, y/n knew that if there was ever the possibility that she could move on and live without Natasha then that's what Nat would have wished and desired for her. A long, fulfilling life.

But y/n couldn't do that, not with the haunting ghost of Natasha forever in the back of her mind, taunting her of the life they'd shared and battled through.

It drove a stake through her heart. She couldn't bare it any longer. Anguish and pain ripped through y/n's soul. She wanted with everything in her to feel something other than loss. But to do that she'd need Natasha back and there was only one way to do that.

She took the dagger from the strap on her thigh. Her fingers ran across the tip, silky smooth, it was cold against her skin. It was a welcoming sense of peace.

She knew what she had to do. The blade pressed through her flesh and her crimson blood spilled out across the floor. She left her body and y/n rose to the heavens, to join Natasha Romanoff.

The Avengers mourned that day, for they'd lost their brightest stars and the greatest spirits. And the dead watched from above with small smiles lazily laid on their faces, content with their small peace.

AN:   heyyy, hope everyone enjoyed <3
Please don't be ghost readers; comment and vote and send in requests!!!
tons of love, Tegan x