I'M HERE

an: based on the song 'take on the world' by 'you me at six'

Just say the word
We'll take on the world
Just say you're hurt
We'll face the worst, oh

Every time before Natasha went on a mission you begged her to stay. You begged for her to soothe your own aching heart and run away. You begged her to open herself up to the opportunities you could seize together in a new life. However, Natasha never admitted to the truth you knew that she wanted.

I can see, see the pain in your eyes
Oh believe, believe me and I have tried
No I won't, I won't pretend to know what you've been through
You should know, I wish it was me not you

Natasha Romanoff hated her job. She hated the hiding and fighting. She hated the confrontation and the conflict. But what she hated most of all was the sheltering, tucking away emotions just to spend the little time she had with you in a blissful bubble where everything was sunshine and rainbows.

What she didn't know, is that you did the same. When she failed to open up, you didn't push her. Instead you played along and gently calmed her storms. The small gestures used as your own release from the guilty prison which trapped you each time you caught a crack in her glossy facade.

And just say the word
We'll take on the world
And just say you're hurt
We'll face the worst

Each night you spent reunited, limbs a tangled mess under the sheets, bodies flushed and pressed together like one breathing being. Hearts beating at the same placid pace. You would comb your fingers through her curly red hair and rub small circles on the back of her hand with your thumb. Then you'd gaze into her eyes, anchoring yourself in the question that wobbled on the tip of your tongue as not to get lost in the emerald oceans.

"Tasha?" You'd whisper softly, your words hanging onto the darkness. "Are you okay?"

Nobody knows you the way that I know you
Look in my eyes I will never desert you

Flood gates were let loose, a cascade of salty tears quickly coating Natasha's delicate rouge cheeks. Her hands would clasp tightly onto the cheap material of your t-shirt, her grip unwavering, an iron fist. She'd forget to breathe, her throat closing in and her mind spinning round.

You pulled her face up towards you, forcing her to acknowledge the love that seeped out of every fibre within you. Three gentle kisses, one pressed to her forehead, one on the tip of her nose — dewy teardrops sitting on it — and one to her swollen lips.

"I'm here baby." You would say. "I'm not leaving, see I'm right here with you. I'm always with you Natalia Alianova Romanova."

She wouldn't say anything, she'd just nod her head a small moment nearly unnoticed. No words escaped her rosebud lips yet thousands were said.

You'd both spend the night just holding on, dangling from the taunt ribbons that chained you to reality and floating in the euphoria of each other's sweet presence.

And just say the word
We'll take on the world
And it's the fight
The fight of our lives
You and I we were made to thrive
Oh yeah
And I am your future
And I am your past
Never forget we were built to last