YOU'RE HURT

an: this is the longest one yet so grab the popcorn (it's not even that long, 1100 words)
tw: fluff, injury, that's it i think lol

Every mission was tough, each time you went out there you knew there was the possibility of something going wrong. More times than not, something did go wrong. However, it was always small enough to be insignificant. Usually you'd panned in advance for some sort of mishap and the mission still ran relevantly smooth.

Not this time.

Five men had attacked you at once, they were meant to have been on another side of the building. They shouldn't have been there, its not what you had predicted.

It was a surprise attack, three from behind and two at your sides.

The ones to your left and right ad easily been wiped out, one quick and precise move, they were taken care of. The three left, well they fought relentlessly.

One of them had stabbed your thigh, the pain caused a fleeting blast of adrenaline. It was enough to give you the power to knock him out cold.

You dodged another blade and spun around, fists head up as defence in front of your face. One of the men stepped towards you. Your right knuckle collided with his jaw and sent him flying.

"Not bad." You muttered.

There was one left to deal with. He was stood to the side, mouth agape and a slightly terrified look scarring his eyes.

It wasn't that hard to take your own electrified dagger and take him down.

You reached a finger to your ear and pressed the small button that turned on communications.

"Hey guys, you finished up there?"

"Yeh, we're making our way back to the jet." Steve replied.

"ok, see you there." You began walking, soon wincing at the pain in your leg. "I might be a little longer..."

Steve, Clint, Natasha and Sam were waiting longer than anticipated before you hobbled up the jet's ramp and into the body of the carrier.

Steve had been checking his watch every five seconds, as if the paranoia could speed up time. Clint was chucking a small hall he'd made of paper (most like a mission de-brief). Sam was humming a random tune and tapping his leg along to the beat much to everyone else's annoyance. Natasha was pacing around, restless and worried at the delay.

"Sorry to keep you all waiting." You muttered, collapsing down as the jet took off into the air.

Natasha immediately flanked your side, laying a firm hand onto the gaping wound in your thigh.

Making your way to the jet, you'd left a trail of blood. You were woozy with the amount of blood lost and your head rang with pain.

"What happened?" The scarlet-haired assassin asked, she looked up so her emerald eyes were piercing your own e/c ones.

You laughed, it was an empty and haughty laugh. "Not much, some dude thought it would be nice to jam his knife in my leg, other than that, not much."

"Why didn't you say something?" Scolded Steve from the cockpit. "One of us would have helped you before you died on us."

"Sheesh Steven, calm down. No need to be dramatic." You muttered sarcastically. "I only lost a little blood."

Sam chucked a bandage over to Nat so she could start wrapping up your thigh.

"There's a lot more than 'a little' on the floor."

"Glad you all care about me then." You joked.

The journey back was quick, Natasha spent the whole time with her hands on you thigh. It was something you could get used to under different circumstances.

Clint and Sam carried you quickly to the medical bay. Steve was telling the doctors what happened and Natasha was holding your hand as you were lowered onto a bed.

"All this for a small cut." You said under your breath as a doctor began fussing around you, ushering everyone out the way.

Ten minutes later and your thigh was wrapped up and almost healed with some sort of machine (that you really had no idea what it did) and Tony had swung by with a pot of ice cream. It was your favourite flavour and in that moment Tony was your new favourite person.

"Is she okay? It's gonna heal right?" You heard Natasha entering the room, already harassing the doctors over your 'condition'.

"Hopefully she'll make a full recovery in time. She's lost a lot of blood, it's made her a bit ditzy she was muttering about food the entire procedure."

The euphoric sound of Natasha's laughter met your ears. "That's her usually, that's good to hear. Can I see her?"

"Of course she's right through there."

Only a few seconds past and Natasha was at your side. Her ruby hair pulled to the nape of her neck in a low bun, a few curly strands falling to the sides and framing her face. You could could see worry clouding her eyes and something else that you couldn't pin down.

"Hey stranger." You greeted, using your arms to sit up in the bed.

Natasha gingerly laced her fingers through yours, hands clasped and resting against the duvet. "You feeling alright?" She asked.

"Just peachy."

"Good." Natasha said softly. She lifted her emerald eyes to meet yours and you could feel your heart dancing against your chest. "Can I ask you something... well maybe I'll just tell you something."

"Anything."

She closed her eyelids gently, preparing herself. "I like you."

"Well I'd hope so." You giggled.

Her eyes fluttered open and she looked like she was fighting a frown and forcing a smile. "No you don't understand. I like you more than a friend. I have for a while now and I didn't say anything because, well, in our line of work relationships aren't really convenient and I never wanted to spoil our friendship because I don't mind you not returning my feelings. I just need you in my life. Wow I sound desperate it's just—"

She was cut off by the feeling of your lips on hers. A sweet kiss. Slow and short. You pulled away and grinned at Natasha.

"Sorry, you weren't letting me speak." You said. "I like you too, I really like you."

"You do?" She asked perplexed at the notion.

"Of course, who wouldn't like you. I mean you're literally perfect and hot as fuck so it's a no-brainer."

Natasha quipped an eyebrow. "You think I'm hot do you?" She smirked.

"Very much." You mumbled, leaning in and pulling Natasha into another kiss, both of you smiling against the other as you revelled in your required feelings.