Chapter Seven - The Temple Of Aolroth

As the Condor began it's journey to the Temple of Aolroth, Aerrow remained in his cell. He was kept under close surveillance to make sure they were ready when the Dark Aerrow took control and make an escape attempt. However, no escape attempt was made as Aerrow sat still, awaiting for the arrival at the Temple of Aolroth. Concerned by this, Piper and Arygyn made their way to Aerrow's cell. 

Piper: Are you all right, Aerrow? Has....has he....

Aerrow: I'm fine, Piper. The Dark Aerrow's been quiet. I...I think he wants to be here at the temple as much as we do. 

Arygyn: Then we need to be extra careful. This might be our last chance to deal with Dark Aerrow once and for all. 

Aerrow grew more and more troubled. The true plans of the Dark Aerrow was a disturbing mystery and his true intentions were unknown. 

Aerrow: I...I don't know how much longer I can hold him. I...I can feel him clawing his way back. He's...he's waiting....laughing...

Piper: It's okay, Aerrow. We're almost at the Temple. We'll get you the help you need.

While Piper remained hopeful of the situation, Aerrow grew more and more troubled by the possibility of Dark Aerrow taking over his body. He began to fear the damage Dark Aerrow would do with his body. Eventually, the Condor reached the Temple of Aolroth. What they found was a ruined temple.

Finn: Whoa...Cyclonis really did a number on this place.

Stork: How can we be sure that this temple has what we need to help Aerrow? 

Arygyn: As I said before, this Temple holds many secrets that very few know about. 

Piper: What exactly are we looking for?

Arygyn: The Dark Aerrow's soul has fused itself with Aerrow. Deep down in the depths of the temple lies a mechanism once used by Aoloroth's followers. That mechanism is the key of extracting the Dark Aerrow's soul. 

As Arygyn said this, the Storm Hawks became optimistic. Despite this, Arygyn offered warnings to the Sky Knights. 

Arygyn: Such things require caution. If Aerrow's willpower falters for even a second, the Dark Aerrow could take advantage of this and push Aerrow's soul out of his body and forever take control of his body. 

That warning deeply disturbed the Storm Hawks. The idea that they could lose their leader to the Dark Aerrow troubled them greatly. Piper then remembered Aerrow's promise should they fail to free Aerrow from Dark Aerrow's control. 

Piper: It won't come to this! Aerrow needs our help!

Junko: Piper's right! If there's a chance that we can help Aerrow, then we should take it!

Finn: There's no way I'm going to let that bastard take over one of my best friends! It's time we took this bastard out once and for all! 

Radarr soon chirped his response by pumping his fists in the air. As the other Storm Hawks voiced their determination to save Aerrow, all eyes fell on Stork. Stork looks out the Condor's window and saw the ruined Temple of Aolroth. As he glanced over back to his teammates, the Merb pilot sighs.

Stork: Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for? 

With that, the Storm Hawks had made the collective decision to follow through with their desire to help Aerrow. After this, Arygyn and the Storm Hawks led a tied up Aerrow up the steps of the Temple of Aolroth. The last time they were here was when they faced Aolroth and the Black Hawks in a climatic battle to save Atmos. Now they were back to end the threat of the Dark Aerrow. As they walked up the steps of the temple, the Dark Aerrow took over. 

Dark Aerrow: Home sweet home! Looks like Cyclonis had herself a party once you were finished with Aolroth. Good thing I wasn't there to greet them. You might be dealing with them now. 

Finn: Quiet down! We're taking you on a little trip!

Dark Aerrow: Is that right? When Aolroth set up the Black Hawks, the Finn that Aolroth found was just as insufferable. 

Finn: That makes both of us. Good thing I kicked his ass!

Dark Aerrow: What about you, Junko? How did it feel to take a life, knowing it was you?

Junko was silent upon being asked that question. His fight with Primal Junko had left a traumatic effect on the gentle Wallop. 

Dark Aerrow: The only one I got along with was you, Stork. You kept your mouth shut and did your job. Now as for Empress Piper, heh. She had a mouth on her in more ways than one. 

Piper: We won't fall for your tricks, Dark Aerrow! Aerrow will be free and you'll be gone for good!

Dark Aerrow simply laughed an unsettling laugh. That laugh deeply disturbed Piper. To hear such an evil laugh coming from Aerrow unnerved her. 

Piper: What are you laughing at? 

Dark Aerrow: Haven't you heard, Piper? I'm making a comeback. Once I gain permanent control of Aerrow's body, the real fun will begin.

Arygyn: You will not plague Atmos anymore. Your evil ends this day.

Dark Aerrow: We'll see about that....

As the Dark Aerrow said this, Aerrow regained control over his body. The Dark Aerrow's words sent a chill up everyone's back. It was clear that the Dark Aerrow didn't feel threatened at what was coming. Both the Storm Hawks and Arygyn would prepare themselves for whatever Dark Aerrow had planned as they descended into the ruins of the Temple of Aolroth.