Chapter Ten - Aerrow VS Dark Aerrow

Deep inside Aerrow's mind, Aerrow and Dark Aerrow charge at each other with full speed. As they collided, they initiate a blade lock. 

Dark Aerrow: It's true what they say! Great minds think alike!

Aerrow: We'll see about that! 

Aerrow broke the blade lock and attempts an overhead strike, but Dark Aerrow quickly parried the attack. He follows through with a flurry of attacks, rapidly gained ground on Aerrow. Aerrow was able to keep up with Dark Aerrow's attacks and works around his attacks, landing a kick in the chest, knocking Dark Aerrow back. Dark Aerrow quickly recovers as a smile falls on his face. 

Dark Aerrow: Not bad, Aerrow. I see you've picked up some moves while I was away. 

Aerrow: Heroes don't rest. 

Dark Aerrow: Neither do I. 

Dark Aerrow lunged at Aerrow and attacked him with a series of flurried attacks on Aerrow. As Aerrow keeps up his defense, Dark Aerrow manages to land a solid kick on Aerrow's face, dropping him to the ground. 

Dark Aerrow: I gotta say, Aerrow. Frankly I'm a little disappointed. I expected more out of you. I mean c'mon. This is your mind and yet I'm the one kicking your ass. But then again, I've my own little stronghold here inside that head of ours. 

Aerrow: Not...our head!

Aerrow attempts to attack Dark Aerrow, but Dark Aerrow quickly blocks the attack. 

Dark Aerrow: We're in this together, Aerrow. We don't to fight you know. Despite what you may think, I actually don't want to kill you. In fact, I find you to be very pleasant company. Is that a vain of me to say? Maybe. But pleasant company is so hard to find these days. 

Aerrow soon recovers from the attack and clashes blades with Dark Aerrow once more. During the clash, Dark Aerrow breaks through Aerrow's defenses. In that moment, Dark Aerrow grabbed Aerrow's wrists and begins to press his Energy Blades against his throat. Aerrow was barely able to kick Dark Aerrow quickly retaliated in kind, disarming him. The fight quickly turns into close-quarters combat brawl. During the brawl, both Aerrow and Dark Aerrow regained their weapons.

Dark Aerrow: How long can you keep this up, Aerrow? 

Aerrow: As long as it takes! I won't stop until I take you down for good! 

Dark Aerrow: I kinda figured you'd say that. You know, you're starting to sound like a broken record. 

Aerrow: I could say the same thing about you!

Aerrow and Dark Aerrow clashed once more with unrelenting attacks. Aerrow attempts to use his Lightning Claw attack to get the drop on him, but Dark Aerrow cancels Aerrow's attack with a Lightning Claw of his own. 

Dark Aerrow: I was beginning to wonder when you'd bring the Lightning Claw into this fight. You almost fooled me. 

As Dark Aerrow taunted him, Aerrow kept his composure. However, there was a lingering doubt in his mind that began to plague him. Dark Aerrow was able to sense it. 

Dark Aerrow: What's the matter, Aerrow? Afraid? 

Aerrow: Don't worry about me. 

Dark Aerrow: I can feel it, you know. I can feel your fear. Your doubt. Yet you keep going. Why? 

Aerrow: Because I have people who believe in me. 

Dark Aerrow: I used to think the same way. Believe it or not, I used to think my team was my family just like you do. I know it's hard to believe given the circumstances, but I used to think like you. Despite everything we've been through, we were always able to pull through. But here's the thing with reality, it has a funny way to take all those ideals and show you just how meaningless it all is. 

As Dark Aerrow said this, his thoughts fell back to when he killed his universe's Storm Hawks. There was not a hint of emotion on his face with the exception of a small smile. Aerrow remembered witnessing this even during the crisis of the Blackest Night. He remembered the terror he saw and felt when Dark Aerrow slaughtered his Storm Hawks. 

Dark Aerrow: It's funny how it all goes down. One minute I'm one of Atmos's greatest heroes and the next, I'm a stone cold blooded murderer. It wasn't just Sky Knights I killed. I killed Cyclonians, Murk Raiders, Raptors, hell I killed just about anyone I pleased. Back home, I was the most feared man in Atmos. 

Aerrow lunged at Dark Aerrow and attacked him, but Dark Ace was able to parry his attacks. He follows through with a kick to the face followed by a punch in the gut. As Aerrow fell to his knees, Dark Aerrow chuckled. 

Dark Aerrow: Just so we're both clear, I won't kill you. I'm gonna take over your body, but I won't kill you. I'll keep you around. I want you to see what I've got planned for Atmos. 

Aerrow: I....I won't let you win! If I don't stop you, then Piper will! 

Dark Aerrow: We'll see about that, Aerrow. We'll see about that. 

In that moment, Aerrow realized that Dark Aerrow was his equal in every way. He knew that he couldn't beat Dark Aerrow in a head on fight. If he was to defeat Dark Aerrow, then Aerrow needed to change his tactics. During the course of his fight, Aerrow's will and resolve was put to the ultimate test. Despite the challenge that was ahead of him, Aerrow was ready to end this once and for all.